Student "Forgot My Username" and "Forgot My Password" are NOT sending emails.

jematassa
Trainee

Student "Forgot My Username" and "Forgot My Password" are NOT sending emails.

Good Morning All,

I teach at a high school that utilizes PowerSchool.  I have a number of students who have forgotten their username and passwords from last year.  At the beginning of the year I would help them obtain their username and reset passwords utilizing the "Forgot My Username" and "Forgot My Password" but now it will not work.  We will complete both forms but never receive emails.  We will even wait days and still not emails with the usernames or a reset the password link.  Why will the students not get the emails?  We have checked the spam folders.

Thanks,

J.M.

5 Replies
CindyM8
Expert

This article might be a good starting point to troubleshooting the issue:

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/PowerSchool-SIS-Administrator/Student-Password-Forgot-Password-Email...

CM

jematassa
Trainee

jematassa_0-1697119396884.png

jematassa_1-1697119413872.png

I get the above Error Messages when clicking the link you provided.

CindyM8
Expert

I just noticed you mentioned you are a teacher. You likely need to be a technical contact to access that article. You should reach out to your district PS Admin for assistance with the email issues and they likely can access that article. This issue may be on the admin side of PS which most teachers will not have access to.

CM

jematassa
Trainee

But why wouldn't the students be getting the Reset emails?  Is there anything else I can try as a teacher?

CindyOp
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @jematassa 

I see that you shared that they have checked their spam folders for the email. This article is available for you and students if you want to see if it includes anything that you have not yet tried.

I recommend working with your district PowerSchool administrators. They can work together to check the configuration settings in PowerSchool SIS, review outgoing emails, check for any blocked email addresses, etc.

If they do not find anything in the settings or email system then they can reach out to PowerSchool support for a deeper dive into the PowerSchool SIS configurations.

Did your issue get resolved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on helpful posts to thank the author and help others find the solution.

Cindy
PowerSchool Community Support