Registration and lottery

Caseyraern

Registration and lottery

I filled out a CMS enrollment form for my son on 1/3/2022. I know there were some delays and the announcement says the lottery won't be run until after the applications are processed that were submitted prior to 1/14.  However I wanted to verify since I know the lottery is now closed and I wanted to get my son in Montessori. Thank you

3 Replies
ahemmelgarn
Recruit

The Lottery is not closed and it actually looks like they extended it into Feb. My guess is this Powerschool mess they implemented right in the middle of lottery registrations. I can't even get past the enrollment process because when I select "is your child in an existing school" I get a big Red STOP "STOP and contact the student's current school. Only new students to the Wake County Public School System should complete an online registration." 

and this is where they send you to signup for a Magnet school. 

How were you able to signup, or is your child a new student to Wake?

JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @ahemmelgarn 

From the error message you mentioned, we assume that the form you are trying to fill out is intended for the New Student Registration for 2022-2023. In that case, you would be getting this message only if you are already enrolled in the Wake County School district. If so, you would want to make sure that you are trying to fill out the appropriate form for returning students.  

If you are not able to find the correct form you would need to reach out to your school district to inquire about when and how to access the required enrollment form. They should be able to guide you to the proper form link. 

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @Caseyraern

The PowerSchool Community is a great resource if you have any changes to be made while completing fields within the enrollment form. However, each school has a different process and can provide the best steps to move forward when enrolling students. The school usually notifies the parents through email or message if the application approval process is completed and registration is accepted. 

If you have not heard from the school, the most common reason could be that the approval process is still in progress. For the most up-to-date information, please reach out to the district directly. You can check out the FAQs related to the enrollment process here.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!