Need to enroll while between homes

Technoggins

Need to enroll while between homes

Hi! My son has been in private school since kindergarten and has never been enrolled in WCPSS.

I would like to sign him up for the WCPSS Health and Science magnet school and the deadline for enrollment is sometime this month (November).

We just sold our house in Wendell NC and have a purchase contract for a home being built in Wake Forest NC, expected closing date 12/20/2023.

In the meantime, we are living with my daughter at her home in Clayton NC.

I was told that I need to enroll my son into his base school for the 24-25 school year before I can apply for the WCPSS Science and Health Magnet school. The address of our currently being built home has him reporting to Wake Forest High School as his base school.

I also read that we would need to bring a purchase contract that is within 45 days of closing.....we nay be a few days outside of that window.

What do I do????

Thanks

1 Reply
JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @Technoggins 

The PowerSchool Community is a great resource if you have any changes to be made while completing fields within the enrollment form. 

Each district, however, has a different registration process and can provide the best steps to move forward when enrolling students. Some districts provide direct links to enroll for a different school whereas some provide the option to submit application using the same form. 

I recommend contacting your student's school directly to request the instructions to enroll your student for the base/magnet school. You can check out the FAQs related to the enrollment process here.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!