Email Verification Issues When Setting Up Parent Account

odarque-hunnett

Email Verification Issues When Setting Up Parent Account

Hi - I have tried using Safari and Chrome to set up an account, but was repeatedly met with an error message about the email not being verified and having to ask for another link, whether I clicked the provided link or copied and pasted it to a new tab or window. I tried to start over, but the system said an account already exists with that email/username. The tech support page on the site itself is nothing more than a video that outlines the letter I received, and I can't reach a live person to help me through this. What recourse do I have? Please advise.

-dR-

3 Replies
JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @odarque-hunnett 

Thank you for reaching out in the Community!  

If you have received the account verification email and the link is not working, there may be an issue on the school or district's end.  Since the Parent Portal accounts are managed and handled at the school district, I recommend that you try reaching out to your school district who should be able to work with our support teams to get this issue resolved.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

rousseau
Journeyman

I am having the exact same issue. When I try to log in it states that the email address has not been verified. I request a new link to be sent. I receive that email, click the link, and get a message that states "PowerSchool account verification failed. Click here to request a new account verification email." When I request a new email, I get the same message when I try to verify the email. Please advise. 

JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @rousseau 

Thank you for reaching out in the Community!  

If your email verification is not working, there may be an email setup issue on the district's end issue. Please refer to this thread which discusses a similar issue and its resolution.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!