Can't Log in Nor Reset Password

npnikoloff
Hobbyist

Can't Log in Nor Reset Password

Can't log in to Home Access Center.  Forgot username or password option doesn't do anything.  Calling the school number doesn't help either as no one answers.  

What are my options?

17 Replies
ElstonS
Senior

Hi @npnikoloff

I am sorry you are facing difficulties logging in to Home Access Center. I recommend checking the school's website which should contain the updated mode of contact and the school district should be able to assist you in resetting your credentials. 

Elston S.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

mom2020
Trainee

I was having the same issue and nothing worked. I looked up my old emails from Leander ISD Insider LeanderISD Insider@schoolmessengermail.com and I fund my password in the email, which was sent out last year August 23rd and that old password worked, I was able to sign in to HAC. Maybe will work for you to?  

tsaenz1983
Padawan

I'm having the same issue. It's not allowing me to register or reset my password.

npnikoloff
Hobbyist

Any specific help would be appreciated. 

Please don't spam or waste our time with "call the local office" or "check their website".  We're not imbeciles.  If you have a direct link or a number, please do share.

The other thing too - I registered here only this morning and within 2 hours I received 8 emails with absolutely useless information.  More waste of time...

j_roge
Journeyman

I am also having this issue.  When I attempt to reset/retrieve my username and password by typing my email the website states I have entered an incorrect username and directs me to follow "the link below" which is non-existent.  Seems as though the website is experiencing difficulties

deepsun80
Recruit

Same issue here, no password is sent from "Forgot User Name Or Password"

jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

Thank you for reaching out in the Community!  I'm sorry you are experiencing difficulties resetting your password. 

You can reset your password by selecting Forgot Username and Password and entering the email address associated with your account to receive a temporary password.  Next, you will want to log in to your Enrollment account using your temporary password and your email address as your username.

I also recommend checking your Spam/Junk folder for the temporary password.

If you have requested a temporary password and you are unable to login to your Enrollment account or have not received the temporary password, I recommend connecting with our Enrollment Support team to review your account details.  You can connect to the Enrollment Support team using this direct link.

j_roge
Journeyman

Hi, thanks for reaching out.  Unfortunately, I had tried to use the Reset Username/password link.  It took me to a page where I could either enter a username or email address.  I selected that I wanted to use my email to recover my account info, and entered my email, but it gave me an error message saying Invalid Username, please use the link below to send an email link to reset your username/password.  There was no link on the page to click.  I tried this a few times, and I did check my spam folder.  I will reach out to the Enrollment support team and will report back to this thread when I have a resolution.  

npnikoloff
Hobbyist

I did enter my correct email address in the Forgot Password form and it seems that it goes through but I received nothing in my email account.  I have done this a couple of times with no success. 

ElstonS
Senior

Hi @npnikoloff

I am sorry you are facing difficulties logging in to the parent portal. I have escalated this to the Enrollment team who will work with your school district to get this resolved. In the meantime, I have attached an article here that will walk you through a few resolution steps. I recommend reviewing the article. 

Elston S.
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

npnikoloff
Hobbyist

Some progress... I switched browsers - used IE and I got the password recovery email.  The link took me to a Challenge Questions page.

Two words there:  "City" and "Country". 

I have exhausted every possible combination with NO success again.  How difficult could this be? City and Country?  I'm sure it's the cr*ppy software behind it that's causing all this... Unbelievable!  

ElstonS
Senior

Hi @npnikoloff

I am sorry you were facing difficulties logging in or resetting your password. PowerSchool does not have access to any Parent Portal account information. The accounts are managed and handled at the school district's end and are stored on their servers. I recommend reaching out to the admin at your school district who should be able to work with our support teams to get this resolved. 

Elston S.

hansentr
Trainee

I've tried submitting for the "forgot password" email in 3 different browsers, and never received anything.  I don't recall if I've ever actually registered for this, and when I try to register I get this message:

"More than one contact was found using the information provided. In order to register as the correct guardian, enter the email address you have provided to the district. An email address must have been given to the school district in order to register for Home Access Center."

Which makes me assume that I have registered at one point.  It then also prompts me to add my email and click "Register", which I do, but the screen just seems to refresh and go nowhere.

I think at least two mechanisms need to be added here:

1. When requesting a password reset email, a verification needs to be shown that the email address does exist and the email was sent, or that the email address does not exist as registered.  The current message is not informative or helpful.

2. If someone attempts to register with an email that is already registered, an error message stating such needs to be given.  The message I quoted above is not helpful.

If I have already registered, logic would dictate that I should receive an email to reset my password, but that continues to not happen.  As it is, I (we) are completely locked out and can do nothing.

ElstonS
Senior

Hi @hansentr

PowerSchool design forms based on your school distirct's specifications. We do not have access to any Parent Portal account information. The accounts are managed and handled at the school district's end and are stored on their servers.

I recommend reaching out to the school district's admin who should be able to work with our support teams to get this resolved. 

Elston S.

j_roge
Journeyman

Well, my student's school registrar has given me my user name (it's my email) and reset the password.  I was able to log in and filled out the fields on the next page to change the password and set up a security question, but when I submitted the changes I recieved and error message.  I have tried to log in a few times at different times of the day with the new password I set up and I get a message saying there was an error processing my request.  Progress is moving slowly in the right direction...

Doria
Padawan

can't log in, nor reset does not work.

ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @Doria,

Good Day! I am sorry to hear that you are unable to log into your account. PowerSchool does not hold access to Parent Portal account information. I recommend reaching out to your school district directly as they will be in a better position to assist you with resetting your account password.

For future reference, here are the most commonly asked questions by the Enrollment Family users.

ParitoshT

Community Moderator 

Kudos encourage participation