Apparently 2=0 …

okg
Journeyman

Apparently 2=0 …

Hey team,

Just starting a new registration for my child and getting hung up on this specific part of the form:

Please choose a 4-digit PIN for your child which will be associated with his/her/their student ID number when vending machines are available.
You can choose any 4-digit number that does not begin with a zero.

I’ve entered “2017” (without quotes, of course), but the form still shows the following error message:
“ You can choose any 4-digit number that does not begin with zero.”

So somehow, the input validation on this part of the form is erroneously failing because 2≠0.

Is there some trick to this? Has anyone else run into the same thing?
1 Solution
JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @okg

This seems to be a logic error with the form setup. You would need to report this error to the district as only they can review the setup and work with PowerSchool Support to update the forms and resolve this issue. 

However,as a workaround, you can enter a PIN without zeros to proceed with the registration.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
okg
Journeyman

Small update.
Attempted to use different PINs that all began with a value of 1, but contained a 0, and each of them also resulted in the above error.
A PIN that doesn’t contain a 0 at all, does work, however.
Seems as if the logic for this specific part of the form is just bad.
JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @okg

This seems to be a logic error with the form setup. You would need to report this error to the district as only they can review the setup and work with PowerSchool Support to update the forms and resolve this issue. 

However,as a workaround, you can enter a PIN without zeros to proceed with the registration.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

okg
Journeyman

Roger that – thank you! 
I've sent them a message.