Questions related to enrollment when moving between cities

ramanpreet1990
Padawan

Questions related to enrollment when moving between cities

Hello there,

We moved to North Carolina from California in May 2022. Since July 2022 we're living in Morrisville, NC (zip: 27560). My son's date of birth is 01/19/2019 and I want to enroll my son to public school in wake county (esp Charter or Magnet School) however, we're planning to relocate to Apex, NC (zip: 27523) by May, 2023.

I have a few questions:

1. When should I start the application process?

2. Should I fill the base school based on Morrisville, NC (zip: 27560) or Apex, NC (zip: 27523)?

3. How can I enroll my son to public Charter or Magnet school?

4. Any other resources that might help us as we're very new to this process

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Raman~

2 Replies
CindyOp
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @ramanpreet1990,

Thank you for reaching out for assistance. The PowerSchool Community is a great resource if you have any changes to be made while completing fields within the enrollment form. Each school, however, has a different process and can provide the best steps to move forward when enrolling students. 

  

You will need to contact the districts directly to inquire about the criteria for the enrollment as they would be able to provide you with the most up-to-date information on your student's enrollment. You can find the contact information on the district's official webpage. 

Did your issue get resolved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on helpful posts to thank the author and help others find the solution.

Cindy
PowerSchool Community Support
ramanpreet1990
Padawan

Thanks @CindyOp ~