forgot to hit load before roll over

Kjarvey

forgot to hit load before roll over

We forgot to hit load before the ISD did the rollover. None of the students were scheduled. Now what? please dont tell me I have to hand schedule all 1000 students 😞

4 Replies
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@Kjarvey  If by "Load" you mean "Commit," you can commit the schedule after rollover. If you didn't do any work in PowerScheduler before the EOY process, you have a much different problem. Yes, you can hand-schedule everyone. You could also use the Copy Master Schedule feature to bring the 2021-2022 schedule to 2022-2023 and then make adjustments as opposed to starting from scratch.

There are other ways (importing a schedule, for instance), but they require more in-depth familiarity with PowerSchool's features.

PowerSchool Mentor

If your schedule was completed in PowerScheduler and you did not commit you will need to change the next school indicator for the students to their previous setting and commit the schedule.

If you didn't load the students into classes in PowerScheduler you will need to do the same thing change sched_nextyeargrade (always start with the lowest grade level and work your way up) then load the students and then commit the schedule.

Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most...
SharonS1
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

Sorry next school changes only for students going on to a new school. (8th grades with a next school of HS need to be reverted to sched_nextyeargrade 8 and next school current school.

Next grade is the key here. Always do the lowest class first. Students in grade 6 current year after rollover need to be set to sched nextyeargrade 6 etc.

SharonS1
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

Sorry next school changes only for students going on to a new school. (8th grades with a next school of HS need to be reverted to sched_nextyeargrade 8 and next school current school.

Next grade is the key here. Always do the lowest class first. Students in grade 6 current year after rollover need to be set to sched nextyeargrade 6 etc.