Years and terms, final grades reporting terms

MargaretM24
Journeyman

Years and terms, final grades reporting terms

Years and terms and final grade reporting terms dates are appearing in italics.  This is causing some difficulty in the gradebooks.  How can this be changed?  

Screen Shot 2023-10-02 at 10.13.31 AM.png

4 Replies
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@MargaretM24 The dates you see in italics on the Final Grade/Reporting Term Setup page are being pulled from Years & Terms. They were added in a fairly recent upgrade. Those dates have nothing to do with PT Pro (other than for purposes of class enrollment). The only dates from that page teachers will see in PT Pro are the actual start and end dates of the reporting terms you create. In your example above, Y1 for teachers of 2023-2024 Term classes, and T1-T3 for teachers of Term-Length classes.

Thanks for the information and I understand the transfer of dates.  I have created years and terms and final grade reporting terms in other districts and have never seen the dates in italics before.  Just wondering why this has happened and if it can be remedied.

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@MargaretM24 As I mentioned, the italicized dates are part of a PowerSchool upgrade; if I remember correctly it was v23.1. It is not an error; they are meant to be in italics.

Teachers have no Admin-side access so I am not sure how the update could be causing an issue in PowerTeacher Pro.

Thanks Jeff.  I was just concerned the italics were causing grief.  I will look into their issue a little more.  I have a feeling it could be user error!

Thanks again!