Vaccine Rules Engine/Vaccine Compliance Report

johara2

Vaccine Rules Engine/Vaccine Compliance Report

Hi, I'm a school nurse who would like to run reports on my students who may not be up to date on their immunizations. There are 2 state required immunizations that Power School will not allow me to attach to a "rules engine".

When I am in "District Setup" I go to Health Management->Health (Immunizations)-> Vaccine Management.

Meningococcal for example is required, 1 dose in 7th grade and 2nd dose for 12th grade. When I go to "Rules Engine" within the meningococcal page, I cannot bind this to a rule, nor can I create a rule.

PowerSchool has the ability to run reports on those who are noncompliant with their vaccines but since I cannot attach a rule to the meningococcal vaccine, there is no way of telling what 12th graders are due for their 2nd dose. I can only run a report to see who doesn't have a vaccine recorded whatsoever. 

I hope this makes sense. I don't want to go into 600 student's charts to look at their vaccines when there is a way to run a report for some vaccines, but not all.

5 Replies
SAFFIYAT
Community Knowledge Manager
Community Knowledge Manager

Hi @johara2

We would need to take a closer look at students' data. In order to protect your privacy and avoid sharing any Personal Identifiable Information (PII) data in the Community, we recommend reaching out to your district's Technical Contact(TC), who should be able to connect with our PowerSchool Support team on your behalf, in order to help rectify the reason for this issue along with the troubleshooting steps.

Saffiya Tasneem
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
bbrown47
Hobbyist

Did you figure this out? I have the same problem

DataJeannie
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

HI there,

I would ask the State Reporting team for your state to update this for you.

I'm pretty sure our Arizona immunization requirements are taken care of with the State Reporting version releases.

Hope this helps!
Jeannie

Jeannie White
Edkey, Inc. - The Sequoia Family of Schools, Arizona, USA
11 LEAs (Subdistricts) -- 6,000 + students
Hosted by PowerSchool
AOI and Meeting Attendance

I am not a PowerSchool Employee

bbrown47
Hobbyist

I'm trying to figure a bunch of this on my own, I didn't get a lot of training. How do I find my state powerschool reporting team.

DataJeannie
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Try doing a search for the name of your state on the Community Home Page.  That should take you to your state's state reporting forum -- from there you can ask around.

Hope this helps!
Jeannie

Jeannie White
Edkey, Inc. - The Sequoia Family of Schools, Arizona, USA
11 LEAs (Subdistricts) -- 6,000 + students
Hosted by PowerSchool
AOI and Meeting Attendance

I am not a PowerSchool Employee