Try to log to a deactivated school error

jcibarra
Journeyman

Try to log to a deactivated school error

Hi, I try to log in, but I have this error message:

The account you are trying to access is in a deactivated school. Contact your Schoology admin for help.

What can I do?

1 Solution
KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @jcibarra @johnmariot777 

I regret to inform that Teachers, students, and parents will not be able to retrieve any data after  October 1, 2023.

PowerSchool will not be able to reinstate access to the Schoology Basic platform after that date. All content and data for Schoology Basic will be permanently deleted following account access cutoff period. We expect this process to be completed in the weeks following the decommission date.

You can refer to the Link to the FAQs: https://www.powerschool.com/faq-schoology-basic/ for more information

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @jcibarra 

Can you confirm if you are a part of an enterprise Schoology account? Enterprise users will be a part of an organization that has a purchase agreement with PowerSchool.

If you were accessing Schoology as a basic user, the access ended on October 1, 2023. We shared this communication a year in advance with all users so everyone had time to download their content. We also posted it on our PowerSchool website and here in the PowerSchool Community. I recommend viewing the announcement to learn more.

KritiS
Community Moderator

If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
johnmariot777

Is there a way for me to recover my content now?

jcibarra
Journeyman

Hi KritiS, thank you for your response.

I was part of Schoology basic, but I did not receive any mail (I´m a teacher and administrator of the school).

I just read the announcement, but Is there any way to download my content?

Thank you in advance.

Juan Carlos

KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @jcibarra @johnmariot777 

I regret to inform that Teachers, students, and parents will not be able to retrieve any data after  October 1, 2023.

PowerSchool will not be able to reinstate access to the Schoology Basic platform after that date. All content and data for Schoology Basic will be permanently deleted following account access cutoff period. We expect this process to be completed in the weeks following the decommission date.

You can refer to the Link to the FAQs: https://www.powerschool.com/faq-schoology-basic/ for more information

KritiS
Community Moderator