Student/Staff/Contacts search bar

jessleare
Journeyman

Student/Staff/Contacts search bar

Hello, 

I have just updated to the newest PowerSchool. My question is on the Student/Staff/Contacts search bar on the start page. I used to be able to type the first few letters of a name and a drop down list would generate with like student names, grade level, etc. I realize I can do this on the new search box feature, but it opens a new window every time. How can I get the Student search bar to have that feature again? Thanks!

4 Replies
tself
Hobbyist

The new search bar has that feature; however, by default it searches by last name. So you have to start typing the last name of the student/staff/contact for them to pop-up in the drop down menu. And from there you can select to add them to your current selection or to just select the individual.

jessleare
Journeyman

Thank you. I am aware I can use the new search bar, I was just hoping it would work on the old search bar like it used too. My co-workers still have it working on theirs but mine does not. 

awachman
Hobbyist

Have you gone into Manage your profile (top right corner) and looked at your settings?  I really enjoy the "opens to a new window" because you can do 2 things at once.

jessleare
Journeyman

Oh perfect, I also just found out that under manage profile I had "disable smart search" checked off. That fixed my problem! Thanks for your help. 🙂