SmartFind Express - NO Sped Assignments

Huff
Padawan

SmartFind Express - NO Sped Assignments

Hello,

I am a Substitute using SmartFind Express with my district. I have a question regarding Sped classes. I'm wondering if there is a way to set my profile up so I don't see open Sped assignments other than SC1 classicifation ones. I also never want to be called and offered Sped assignments by SmartFind Express unless they are SC1. I do not want to work any Special Education classes where the students are severely disabled or very obviously neurodivergent. I have worked many assignments with severely disabled students and to be honest, I did not like it. I do not feel comfortable with that group because I don't feel I am qualified to give them the specialized attention they require and deserve.

I would like to only be offered "normal" assignments (and SC1 is ok, too)
1 Solution
JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @Huff

You would need to reach out to your district's system operator with your request. The Operator/Admin can place you on a Do Not Use priority list for the classification and location. This will stop the system from calling you or placing you in that job.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @Huff

You would need to reach out to your district's system operator with your request. The Operator/Admin can place you on a Do Not Use priority list for the classification and location. This will stop the system from calling you or placing you in that job.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

Huff
Padawan

Thank you so much for your guidance. I hope I didn't seem like I don't care to help special needs students. That's not true! I feel I am not educated enough to be an effective source of help for them....that's all. 🙂
tdean8019

Good day

I cannot log in to smart find express. all my assignments were cancelled for Palm Beach Schools.  The district tech support and admin stated I should reach out.  The other staff can see the jobs that were cancelled on 2/2/204 . 

KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @tdean8019 

We recommend reaching out to your district Operator who should be able to connect with the support ticket on your behalf. The Support Team would be able to closer look at the issue and provide further troubleshooting steps.

KritiS
Community Moderator

If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!