Help

Seating Charts for All Periods

ncross921
Journeyman

Seating Charts for All Periods

Hello, 

I am an admin on PowerSchool and noticed that even though our teachers created seating charts for multiple classes, I am only able to see their home room seating charts. Are you able to help?

Thank you! 

13 Replies
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

If a teacher has created a seating chart you can see them on the Admin side via the seating chart link in the attached image. If they have not created a seating chart for that section you will see a message indicating as much. If you are seeing something else perhaps post a screenshot here. Please redact any PII before posting. 

Hello, 

Reposting my question because it was not answered: "

I am an admin on PowerSchool and noticed that even though our teachers created seating charts for multiple classes, I am only able to see their home room seating charts. Are you able to help?" 

In other words, I can see the seating chart button but am only able to see the seating chart for the home room. I have tried multiple browsers and I also have checked in with other team members and they have the same issue. 

Please advise. 

ncross921
Journeyman

This is what it looks like on my end. The teachers have uploaded their seating charts but I cannot see them. This is different than what it looks like if a teacher did not create one because for those classes it will tell me that a teacher did not create one. 

Screenshot 2024-08-19 at 11.11.39 AM.png

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@ncross921 The first thing I would do is turn off Customization and see if you see the same behavior. If it behaves as it should with Customization off, you likely have something custom causing the issue. 

The same issue persists after disabling customization. Any other thoughts? My thought is it is a glitch on PowerSchool's end. 

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Without the ability to log into your PS instance it is difficult to troubleshoot. If you can, I would move this to the PS SIS Administrator forum, as you will have a LOT more eyes on your post and folks who are very well-versed in PS to help you. If you are a "Technical Contact" for your district, you can also open a Case with PowerSchool. 

Sure thing, can you link me to that? 

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@ncross921 

Here is the Admin Forum:

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/PowerSchool-SIS-Administrator/bd-p/PowerSchoolSISForum

Hello, it says I do not have access to that resource. Are you able to support? 

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@ncross921 Nope. Just like my sig says I do not work for PowerSchool. 🙂 One of the moderators/admins for this site will have to help you. 

Community Support Expert

Hi @ncross921 

I will contact you through a support case regarding your community access to the article that Jeff shared.

Did your issue get resolved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on helpful posts to thank the author and help others find the solution.

Cindy
PowerSchool Community Support
dullb
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Did you ever get a fix for this? We're experiencing the same exact issue.

ncross921
Journeyman

Unfortunately not. We have lifted it to PowerSchool and I will follow up!