Schoology New Instructor Account

cbehnke
Padawan

Schoology New Instructor Account

Hello! I'm currently in the process of trying to setup a new instructor account on Schoology as I'm going to be using it heavily at my new school with sharing content from my PLC.

However, when I go to Schoology Learning register and click on instructor it just automatically sends me to the Getting Started Guide for Schoology.

There's no indication anywhere on the page of how to actually create a new account and step one asks me to login to my Schoology account in order to access the Schoology Learning support page. But since I can't create an account that's rather difficult.

Any help with the issue would be greatly appreciated!

33 Replies
Beachaj1
Journeyman

It wont let me create account either for Schoology has Instructor. I don't  know how to. If you figure it out please let me know.

SAFFIYAT
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @cbehnke, @Beachaj1

If you are looking to create a basic account for an Instructor then, currently, we have discontinued to allow the creation of new basic accounts. And if you are working with a district that has an Enterprise Schoology Account then you would need to connect with your Schoology Admins at your district, who can create a new Instructor account for you.

Saffiya Tasneem
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
msdavis2022
Trainee

I'm still in the process of finding out if our district has schoology however, if they do not can individual teachers purchase a schoology account?

jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

Schoology can be purchased at the organization level and is not available at the individual level.  I will reach out to you in a case to determine if your school or district is using Schoology.

Profesor
Journeyman

I have read your post and I am in the same situation (I cannot signo up to a new account as instructor), so the question is when will we be allowed to sign up as an instructor and participate in all on line activities as a teacher? Thank you. 

ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @Profesor,

Schoology can be purchased at the organization level and is not available at the individual level. If you are looking to create a new Instructor account as a basic user then we have currently discontinued that option for Schoology and if you are working with a school district and want to use Schoology at the enterprise level then I recommend reaching out to the Schoology administrators in your school who should be able to create an Instructor account for you.

ParitoshT

Community Moderator 

BrookeBradt
Padawan

So if we are at a current school, moving to a new one then we lose all of the work we have on Schoology? 5 YEARS OF MY STUFF WILL BE GONE? I need a backup account to move all of my Schoology stuff to. This is unacceptable, Schoology. Way to just go after the money.

conturo
Recruit

How do I save my course so it's viewable until I get another job?  I downloaded it but the imscc file doesn't open even when converted to a zip file??

Dr_Phil_Pulley
Veteran

If you create a free account in Canvas by Instructure, you can import and view the materials there.

akahara
Recruit

That is extremely disappointing news.

j-er
Recruit

I know... is there news of this option getting re-enabled soon?

Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @j-er,

If you are looking to create a basic account for an instructor then, currently we have discontinued allowing the creation of new basic accounts. Schoology can be purchased at the organizational level and is not available at the individual level.

Currently, we do not have any information to share that this is getting re-enabled.  If that decision is ever made we will communicate this to you through PowerSchool Community.

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
CultivateLearn
Journeyman

What is the purpose of not allowing individual accounts? That really just makes me like Canvas that much more because as an educator, I know that systems come and go. Canvas assured me that my paid educator content that I create will not be lost. I can migrate all of it to my free account.

Looks like just another business decision instead of educational.

Very disheartening.

jazzyonherway
Trainee

I second what CultivateLearn wrote!!! Please give instructions access to a basic free account so that the material I've created through one division could be transferred over to another! 

JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @jazzyonherway

Unfortunately, we no longer support creating basic accounts at the individual level, so there is no option to transfer the materials. You would need to re-create your material.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

ahurleyschoolstuff

Agreed - I have been struggling to appreciate Schoology after working at a school that uses Canvas and this news really tops it off. Wherever I have influence I will always tell a company to steer away from Schoology most especially because of the loss of being able to create a personal account. Super disappointing - so much work will be lost because of this and I see no solutions being presented here. Very unfortunate for Schoology as I imagine many companies picked Schoology before this change happened and many will likely release Schoology once they learn about this challenge. I will encourage my company to switch over to Canvas this year.

MrRobinHood
Trainee

Necesito ayuda para poder crear una organizacional para mi institución porfavor ponerse en contacto a mi correo: rafaelcalix37@gmail.com

CultivateLearn
Journeyman

Are there notes somewhere for how to create a “new basic account”?

TiA
CultivateLearn
Journeyman

I’m sorry, but your answer is confusing. You wrote regarding basic accounts: “ we have discontinued to allow the creation of new basic accounts.”

What is a new basic account, and how is that different from the basic accounts you discontinued?
Dr_Phil_Pulley
Veteran

The creation of basic (free) accounts was suspended during COVID. They ended all basic accounts in October.

This widget could not be displayed.