Quarter 1 grade is an A, but showing a F for S1 and Y grade

priceh
Rookie

Quarter 1 grade is an A, but showing a F for S1 and Y grade

This student has a 94 for Q1 and is showing an F for S1 and Y. I have verified that S1 and S2 are set to term weights and Y1 is also. Only one teacher seems to be having the issue with her gradebook. Her due dates are not in other quarters. Any ideas on what the issue could be? Screenshot 2023-09-14 143515.png

7 Replies
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@priceh  The percent score for that S1 is 59, which is likely what is causing the F. Could you post picks of the Grade Scale and Term Weighting of the S1? The more info the better.

Here 

Screenshot 2023-09-18 103805.pngScreenshot 2023-09-18 103736.pngScreenshot 2023-09-18 103928.png

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

The setup looks fine. Has the teacher perhaps manually entered a grade into the Q2 term? If your original picture is everything in Q1 there has to be something interacting with that Q1 grade to make the S1 a 59%.

There are no assignments in any other quarters and there are no assignments that currently have due dates in other quarters. 

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@priceh It looks like you have access to the teacher's PT Pro. Check the Grading>All Reporting Terms view. It is possible there is a term grade overridden. You can also check out the Grade Scale assigned to the S1--the key is to find out where that 59% is coming from.

It is only this class and I can't find the error. I tried reaching out to PS support, but had to leave a call back number. Screenshot 2023-09-18 121721.png

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@priceh I can tell you why the Y1 is all F/59%: The Term Weighting for the Y1 is

S1 : 50%

S2 : 50%

So the Y1 grade is the same as the S1 grade, all of which are 59.

Given the S1 is set to Term Weighting Q1/Q2, without access to the teacher's gradebook I can't really investigate further. Has the teacher run the Recalculate Final Grades function?