PowerTeacher Pro - Most Recent Scores Calculation Help

Community Member
Not applicable

PowerTeacher Pro - Most Recent Scores Calculation Help

I have not found any clear Knowledge Base information regarding what the Most Recent Score Calculation setup applies to. Does this solely apply to the Default Calculation option: "Most Recent Score" or does this also apply to all the other Default Calculation options: Mean, Median, Mode, Weighted Mean, Highest? 

I just do not understand why there would be a Default Calculation option of "Most Recent Score" if you are already setting up the Most Recent Scores that the Default Calculation will base it's calculation on already below. 

Does anyone have any insight on this? Is there a way this Default Calculation option be retired if it is unneeded, being that it causes confusion?

PTP Most Recent Score.JPGPTP Most Recent Score #2.JPG

1 Solution
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

If you choose Most Recent Scores as the default calculation, you can then configure the number and weighting of the scores in the area below. If you are not using Most Recent Scores, you can ignore that part of the page.

The reason there are additional settings for "Most Recent" is because that is not a specifically defined term like Mean, Median, Mode, etc. are.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

If you choose Most Recent Scores as the default calculation, you can then configure the number and weighting of the scores in the area below. If you are not using Most Recent Scores, you can ignore that part of the page.

The reason there are additional settings for "Most Recent" is because that is not a specifically defined term like Mean, Median, Mode, etc. are.