PowerScheduler and Loading Specific Students

bicknese-s
Apprentice

PowerScheduler and Loading Specific Students

Hi all,

I have a school who copied their master schedule from last year (did not build). And then they hand scheduled specific students because they wanted those students to have priority. They did not run the load process at all. 

Now they want to schedule the remainder of the school population, but they do not want the hand scheduled students moved or rearranged. From my understanding, if they run the load process now, it will scramble and rearrange all students, correct? Including the ones they have hand scheduled? 

Is there a way to "lock" the already scheduled students so the scheduler will only try and schedule students without assigned courses? 

The school has teams set up if that helps. 

Thank you.

3 Replies
DanM3
Elite

@bicknese-s Theoretically there is a possible method though I have never used it.  BEFORE trying this, I would recommend making a copy of those students who were hand scheduled schedules!  

When you go to LOAD there are three Load Type Options available. If you select all of the students you HAVE NOT SCHEDULED BY HAND as a selection, you should select the "Reschedule the selected 63 students" option.  Does that make sense?  Again, have a backup or try it when you can do a data Flashback if it fails.

Dan Morgan
Saint Mary's College High School - Berkeley, CA
PowerSchool Hosted - v 24.3 - 600 Students
PowerSchool User and Admin since 2000
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

I work with some districts that use the method @DanM3 mentions and it seems to work.

@DanM3 @JeffG9 Thank you. I was also wondering if that would work, but wasn't sure since they never actually loaded any students before they started adding kids to the master schedule. I have passed this along to them.

Thank you!