PowerScheduler: NextYearTeam conflict issue while loading after EOY update

shwhite
Journeyman

PowerScheduler: NextYearTeam conflict issue while loading after EOY update

UPDATE: Solved; see reply.

I am loading in PowerScheduler after our EOY update/rollover. I changed back all students' Next Year grades and schools, so they will be scheduled. The engine has been scheduling them. My issue is this:

We have three teams per grade level at our middle school, and core classes are scheduled within those teams. So a student in Team X should be scheduled only to the sections of the grade level course assigned to Team X within that grade, and not Team Y or Team Z. Current year team is entered under student preferences. Course sections are marked by team under course section data, and Course preferences have Use Pre-establshed teams marked as well. The engine is scheduling the students across the three teams. So I updated Next Year Team under Optional student preferences. After doing so, every core course that should be scheduled by team is not being scheduled for these students, producing both a warning and data error for each student:

"

Warning Student XXXXX, XXXXX (ID) has no way to satisfy request for course MS8210

Data Error Student XXXXX, XXXXX (ID) is incompatible with the primary or an alternate on request for course MS8210

"

Before updating the Next Year Team (which was previously blank), the engine was scheduling students into the courses, but not by team, instead across the three teams. Therefore I am confident all other settings are okay for scheduling students. But somehow this Next Year Team is a conflict. 

I also already tried removing the current year team, in case that was a conflict, but still the same issue. 

So, I need to either make it still schedule into core classes within the team, with this setting, or remove this setting and otherwise make it schedule within the team. 

Can anyone help with this?

1 Reply
shwhite
Journeyman

SOLVED! When I mass updated each team of students under Sched_NextYearTeam, I was doing so with our label (ie: Team X)  for the underling ID #, and not the ID # (ie. 1924) itself. Once I updated with the ID # itself, it works, and is now scheduling the students by their teams into their respective core classes by team.