PowerScheduler Load Not Creating Courses

bicknese-s
Apprentice

PowerScheduler Load Not Creating Courses

Hello,

I have two separate schools trying to create their schedules for next year but the build stops after one or two courses. So builds are showing 0-1% completed. All validation errors have been corrected/cleared, when running only "warnings" exist. The scheduler is running based on course rank and keeps stopping after the first or second course. Even when a course is removed/marked inactive, the very next course does the same thing. Again, no error messages. Only thing that pops up is "Info Course: [number] could not be scheduled. Program aborted."

Terms are correct. Teachers and rooms are assigned. Students have requests in. Aborted course appears to match the settings of the course that was successfully created. Any suggestions? 

3 Replies
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

PowerScheduler Build "crashes" are difficult to troubleshoot when one has access to your system, and even harder without.

Try moving the Courses around in the Rank as a start.

Hey Jeff,

Thank you. We did try that, but it still continues to "crash" at the next course in line. It seems to have no problem creating the first course, but then struggles or gives up after that one.

DanM3
Elite

I'm assuming you have run the validation build before actually selecting the build. (I haven't done a build in 10 years, we do it by hand. I know to LOAD there is an option to validate. Throughly going through that list always helped me have a successful load.

Dan Morgan
Saint Mary's College High School - Berkeley, CA
PowerSchool Hosted - v 20.4.3 - 600 Students
PowerSchool User and Admin since 2000