Overall letter grade is not showing up

JustinMendell
Journeyman

Overall letter grade is not showing up

I am having trouble figuring out why my overall grade is not showing up. Help. See screenshot. What setting do I need to change?

Inkedoverall grades.jpg

5 Replies
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

If you are a teacher asking about PT Pro, make sure you take a look at Settings>Display Settings>"Values to Show in Traditional Grade Column" and check to see what is checked.

In case you are wondering, the small orange triangles man that there are Student Grade Scales attached to those students.

Also, in the future, please redact any PII before posting.

Hi Jeff,

Yes I check that and the grade and percent options are selected and still not overall grade or percentage is showing up. Any other ideas?

CindyM8
Expert

If the PT Pro grade calculation is set to Term Weighting check to see if you have it set to Term Weighting Points or Exact Value Earned (see example screenshot). All the districts we work with use Exact Value Earned which I believe is the setting most typically used in districts. I've seen many instances where the calc was Term Weighting but set to Term Weighting Points and this caused the grade column not to populate. Changing it to Exact Value Earned corrected the issue.

CM

JustinMendell
Journeyman

We do use weighting in our district. I have my own classes that are set up this exact way and I do not have any display issues. But I have become the teacher of record for a teacher who recently left and I am trying to figure out her grade book. From everything I can find, her settings are the same as mine. Any chance you'd be interested in a Google Hangouts video call where I can share my screen and maybe get your eyes on it? I have sent my questions up to our district level and they "cannot" figure it out either...

Screen Shot 2023-02-17 at 7.38.44 AM.png

CindyM8
Expert

I think your best bet is to contact PS support. They can likely figure this out pretty quickly and they'll have access to your PS to view your setup.

CM