Object Report - decoding ^(yearabbr) (or if.fieldvalue)

JustinB1
Hobbyist

Object Report - decoding ^(yearabbr) (or if.fieldvalue)

Hello!

I am attempting to match a value to the ^(yearabbr) DAT tag, but I'm noticing that it has trailing whitespace at the end of it, despite not having that whitespace in the actual value (under district > years & terms). 

Since you cannot use scripting to trim the whitespace within an object report, how can I match this value?

Here is an example of what I've tried:

^(decode;^(yearabbr);22-23;Year is 22-23; ) -- This does not match the value

^(yearabbr;if.fieldvalue.22-23.then=Test) -- This does not match the value

I've tried adding spaces to the end of '22-23' and tried wrapping it quotes with and without the space.

Ultimately, I'm trying to match a custom field to the ^(yearabbr) DAT tag, but noticed that it was appending  whitespace when testing. I found this by printing ^(yearabbr)test which produces 22-23 test.

I'll continue to troubleshoot, but found this quite odd and thought it might just be me experiencing this. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

1 Solution
JustinB1
Hobbyist

This seems to only be an issue with ^(yearabbr) and object reports, from what I can see. I cannot replicate this behavior on normal HTML pages or with other DAT tags.

I found a work around by using the ^(abbryearterm) and matching it with "^(customfield) YR" in a decode statement.

Hopefully this helps someone, but I'd wager the chances are slim.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JustinB1
Hobbyist

This seems to only be an issue with ^(yearabbr) and object reports, from what I can see. I cannot replicate this behavior on normal HTML pages or with other DAT tags.

I found a work around by using the ^(abbryearterm) and matching it with "^(customfield) YR" in a decode statement.

Hopefully this helps someone, but I'd wager the chances are slim.