Mass Log Entries for Data Entry Employee

toniquack
Journeyman

Mass Log Entries for Data Entry Employee

I am not a coder -- I am an end user who enters data

Is there a way (other than the link instructions below) to do mass log entries

https://www.iorad.com/player/1693528/Powerschool-AVUHSD---How-to-Create-Mass-Log-Entries#watchsteps-...

We have shown our IT team the information in the link above, but they cannot get it to work at our District.  Is there another way for a data entry person to do mass log entries?

Toni

6 Replies
KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @toniquack 

You can also try doing Quick Import into the Log Entries table by navigating Start Page > System Administrator > Page and Data Management > Quick Import. For further assistance, we recommend reaching out to the Technical Contact of your district. 

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
AmyB43
Journeyman

I am trying to import some log entries for multiple students using the Import feature, but it keeps erroring saying the LogType ID is invalid.  I cannot figure out what the system wants for that?  Any suggestions.

kkallas
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

I am able to import Mas Log entries from a spreadsheet. But I would like to be able to us the Group Function "Log Entry - Repeat Submit".  I do not have that option in my PowerSchool.  How do I get that added?

AmyB43
Journeyman

Thank you.  I don't want to repeat log entries.  I was on a chat yesterday and the person referenced this:

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/PowerSchool-SIS-Knowledge-Base/PowerSchool-Import-Templates/ta-p/744...

But that doesn't seem to be very helpful because the field names that the article uses are not field names I can find in Powerschool or when I am mapping my import file.  I have done imports before and they have worked fairly well so I am confused why this one is giving me trouble.

ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @AmyB43,

The LogType ID must be a number. Please make sure that you are using a number for its value.

Log Type IDs can be found in DDE. Please follow the steps below:
1. From the Start Page, click on System
2. Select DDE
3. Under the Current table, select Gen (6)
4. Filter by Cat=logtype
5. Click on Search all xxx records in this table
6. Click on Table view
7. Under Cat, click on "logtype" for each log type name.
8. On the next page, the numeric value/ID will appear.

I hope this helps you otherwise please let me know in case of further questions.

ParitoshT

Community Moderator 

AmyB43
Journeyman

Yes, thank you.