How do I edit the Left Navigation?

mccraryg_smv
Practitioner

How do I edit the Left Navigation?

Where do I go to edit the left navigation, specifically when I go to a student page?

I have tried making changes in admin_student_nav.txt  and students_screenselect.txt and nothing appeared to change.

1 Solution
ItsOnlyDoug
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

The left navigation of the student pages is in /admin/students/more2.html.

If you want to edit the nav list you can adjust what is visible in security groups, but if you are looking to add pages I would consider loooking into page fragments to add links. Page fragments allow you to custom html that is almost update proof. If you edit the more2 page directly and PS updates the file in a release you may not see it or it could break.

Doug Skinner

District Instructional Data Officer
Gateway Regional School District

Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
SharonS1
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

Do you have Blue Steel? It's available on PowerSource.

It depends on what you mean by customize. If you are trying to set it up so that people cannot see certain links that happens in the user group, just uncheck the link and the user won't see it.

If you are trying to do something else let me know.

Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most...
ItsOnlyDoug
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

The left navigation of the student pages is in /admin/students/more2.html.

If you want to edit the nav list you can adjust what is visible in security groups, but if you are looking to add pages I would consider loooking into page fragments to add links. Page fragments allow you to custom html that is almost update proof. If you edit the more2 page directly and PS updates the file in a release you may not see it or it could break.

Doug Skinner

District Instructional Data Officer
Gateway Regional School District

Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.