GRADE CHANGES AFTER REPORT CARDS ARE PUBLISHED

mtitcomb
Hobbyist

GRADE CHANGES AFTER REPORT CARDS ARE PUBLISHED

Hello

I have a question. I have already stored grades for our Q1 Report Cards. Reports Cards have already been Archived. I now have teachers doing some Grade Changes. I know I need to change the current grade to the new grade by going under historical grades. My question is I change the letter grade and I change it to the new GPA Points but do I also need to change the percent as well or as long as the percent and grade change are correct in the teachers gradebook it's all set? Some teachers submitted their forms for the grade change without the new percentage.

5 Replies
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

I would change Grade/GPA Points/Percent on the Historical Grade for accuracy's sake. If you are asking about traditional grade calculations in the grade book (I am assuming PT Pro), Historical Grades have no bearing on those. Once traditional grades are stored from PT Pro they live in the StoredGrades table. This is why if a teacher changes a grade in their gradebook, you either have to re-store the grades or manually change them on the Admin side to match.

Yes it is PT Pro and the teachers as me to unlock their gradebook for the course that the student is in and are changing the grades and percentages in their gradebooks for Q1 and they then send me a form and I change it in the historical grades. So are you saying I should be re-storing grades after teachers make their changes for Q1 or as long as I'm updating in historical grades and the teachers update their gradebook then I'm good?

mtitcomb
Hobbyist

One other question if I did not change the percentage in historical grades because the teacher did not let me know the new percentage will that affect anything or as long as the teachers gradebook is correct that is what matters?

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@mtitcomb Unless you have many grade changes, I think I would correct them manually on the Admin side versus re-storing. If you have a bunch of changes in one section you can always use the Additional Filter Options section of the Permanently Store Grades page to store individual sections (or individual students, Tracks, or Grade Levels).

As long at the grade/percent is correct in PT Pro, the grade calculations in the gradebook should be fine (PT Pro uses percent for calculations). It is possible that the Percent field is used in GPA calculation on the Admin side, but that is something you'd have to ask in-house. OCD Jeff would need to know all three fields are correct on the Admin side to sleep at night. 🙂

Thank you for your help! I wouldn't be able to sleep either so thank you for the clarification! 🙂