Close at Max Issues

efunston
Trainee

Close at Max Issues

Hi, I am having issues with my Load.  Too many students are being added despite having the Max set.  I doubled check each course to make sure that "Close section at max" is selected in Preferences and made sure to do a Load Validation and then redid the Load with "Close sections at Max" and I keep getting Load with some sections over the max.  Any suggestions?  I've never had this issue in the past.

4 Replies
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Hi @efunston Check that the sections themselves are set to close at max.

Hi @JeffG9 The sections over also have the "Close section at max" checked.  I've been using Power Scheduler for about 4 years and never run into this issue before.  I am open to any other ideas as it seems so strange with the Course, Section, and Load checked to close at max and I'm still getting sections over.  Many thanks.

ItsOnlyDoug
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

Just a though, but are you importing the Loads? bc if you don't import the load the numbers you see in class totals are how many kids the section could get without restrictions...You can run a load, but if you don't import those numbers don't change. Usually on the import it will honor the 'close section at max'.

Doug Skinner

District Instructional Data Officer
Gateway Regional School District

Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Good call. Our users always forget to Import.