Chronic Absenteeism Across a District

Kfallon23
Rookie

Chronic Absenteeism Across a District

Hello, 

I am a School Nurse and I am trying to obtain a report on PS regarding chronic absences. I would like to be able to run a report for my school that provides the name of the student and how many days they were absent. I don't need any other information, just the student's name and the number of days absent for the school year.  Does anyone know how to run a report that will provide this data?

I appreciate any help with this!  Thank you in advance.

Kim

8 Replies
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@Kfallon23 There is an Attendance Profile report in PowerSchool that should provide you what you want.

Hi Jeff, 

I tried that but I cannot add the students.  It says, "0 students selected" and when I click on the "0", it takes me to another page that doesn't help. I just want to get a printout of the student's name and the number of absences over 18 days. Why is this so difficult??? I'm trying to run a report for each school in my district (7 total) so I just want the basics.  Thanks for the suggestion. 

Kim

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@Kfallon23 Select the students before you navigate to the report.

Jeff, 

Thanks but it is grayed out and I cannot click on the bubble "All Students". Is this how you meant to select the students?

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@Kfallon23 No, I meant select the students you'd like to run the report for before you navigate to the report.

I don't think I know how to do that.  However, I need to run a report for each school in my district.  I am in a DNP program with a project focused on chronic absenteeism. I cannot sift through every single student in the district. I thought this process would have been easier. My PS administrator was on a break when I first emailed in June. Upon her 3 day return, she never responded to me.  I emailed again and she is out from 7/5-7/21. I wanted to obtain the data for a presentation but it's not looking good at this point.  Thanks for your help with this. I do appreciate you.

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@Kfallon23 Search for the students you'd like to run the report for and select them before you navigate to the report. You should be able to type the last name of a student into the search bar on the Start page to find who you are looking for. See the attached screenshot.

Thank you but I wouldn't know the names of the other chronic offenders at the various schools. I want the report to tell me who the chronic offenders are.

I appreciate the help.

Kim