Adjusting individual total points on assignment / partial exemptions

amandadexter
Journeyman

Adjusting individual total points on assignment / partial exemptions

Is there a way to adjust the total points possible on an assignment for an individual rather than creating a whole new assignment with a different point value for that individual? I would like to be able to edit an individual student's total possible points for a single assignment.  

For example, I have a 2-day in-class assignment worth 10 points total -- 5 pts for each day.  However, Student A is only there for 1 day, completing 5 of the 10 total points. Rather than scoring Student A 5 out of 10 points (and them getting a 50%), I would like to exempt them from half the assignment and only score them 5 out of a total of 5 points (giving them 100%).  This could also potentially be an issue for modified assignments for students with special needs. 

As far as I can tell, this does not seem to be possible, even though I think I remember it being possible in the older version of powerschool.

1 Solution
jasonbengs
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

You can do this a few different ways.  You could create two different assignments, one for each day and exempt the first day.  You could also create two different versions of the assignment and assign the one with the lower point value to the student.  

Jason Bengs, M. Ed
SIS/Database Administrator

Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution. Thanks!

Mentors_badgeChampions_badge

View solution in original post

1 Reply
jasonbengs
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

You can do this a few different ways.  You could create two different assignments, one for each day and exempt the first day.  You could also create two different versions of the assignment and assign the one with the lower point value to the student.  

Jason Bengs, M. Ed
SIS/Database Administrator

Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution. Thanks!

Mentors_badgeChampions_badge