PowerSchool Community Feedback and Suggestions

jbidk
Community Manager
Community Manager

PowerSchool Community Feedback and Suggestions

Do you have feedback on how our new PowerSchool Community looks and functions?

Do you have suggestions for how we can make our Community even better?

Please post your feedback and suggestions here. We'll review all posts and share updates. 

We look forward to hearing from you!

JbidK
Director, Support Community
160 Replies
PS_AM1
Veteran

Hi @collinss,

Thanks for reaching out! I can certainly see how it would be helpful to be able to bulk grade one question at a time on an assessment, along with anonymous grading.  I will flag your suggestion as feedback for our Product Team to review. Whenever they have a feature planning session, they personally review and categorize all cases flagged as Enhancement Requests.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us how we can improve!  If any further information is needed from our Product Team, they will reach out to you.

Best,

Angelam7
PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
MelissaW18
Rookie

IDEAS FOR TALENTED PRODUCTS

1) Records: Dashboard

Records for system admin should have a dashboard when you first sign in instead of the task list, or an option to view a dashboard, with all pinned people showing "name, checklist type, checklist % completion, due date, and status (not urgent, neutral, urgent)" and then be able to notify the system admin when someone is approaching due date/due date has expired and paperwork is not complete. Records has terrible organization and the report feature makes you go checklist by checklist to get this data that I should be able to easily capture at once.

2) Hire: Job Status

SO many people are always wanting to know what the status of the job is.....open for applications, interviewing, hired/closed. At this time, you can only update an individual's status. And job postings the only options are open and posted on website or closed and not posted on website. We keep our jobs posted until they are filled, but then we get people applying when interviews are already happening. It is too difficult to change each person's status for all jobs, even if using bulk actions. It would be much easier to be able to have our website show live job statuses that I can change quickly with one click of a button. Or even better, that hiring managers can change at the click of a button.

Ex. "Open for Applications"; "Closed for Applications;" "Interviewing"; and then filled/hired would take it off the website and the hire page with the checkbox to notify and change all other candidates status to "position filled" would work for that final step. 

SueC
Hobbyist

I would like to add our two cents...

Please add a "Preferred First Name" field.

Thank you!

jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

Thank you for submitting a request to add a preferred first name to Community member accounts!  I have submitted the suggestion to the PowerSchool Product Team.  Please continue to share feature requests with the PowerSchool Community Team.  We appreciate your suggestion to improve the Community.

jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

Thank you for submitted feature requests in PowerSchool Community!  I have submitted a feature request to the PowerSchool Product team on your behalf to create a dashboard for all users when accessing their TalentEd account as well as adding a job status feature.  We thank you for your suggestions to improve TalentEd products.  

JasonO
Apprentice

My feedback is on the Case Portal > Manage Cases

There is no "Resolution" section to see the final resolution of a case. Sometimes cases are closed by Dev, which just happened to me, but Dev never posts a comment to the case, they just fill in the Resolution. So if I go back and look at my case I would just see its closed but with no reason as to why with the last update from support indicating the case was sent to Dev.

Also, it has been mentioned that there will be a separate portal for tracking Enhancements, is there any more information on this?

jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

Thank you for submitting a feature improvement for PowerSchool Community!  I have submitted a feature request to the PowerSchool Product team on your behalf to add teh conclusion field to the case view in Case Portal.  

It does appear there are three cases open with Support that have been escalated to the PowerSchool Development Team.  I recommend reaching out to PowerSchool Support to request an update on any case that as been reported to Development.  

We thank you for your suggestions to improve the PowerSchool Community for teachers.

MarylouS1
Journeyman

Hello. I wish the fonts and the whole screen design was a little darker. It's too grey. Grey scale does not help.

Thank you.

PS_AM1
Veteran

Hi @MarylouS1,

Thank you for your feedback!  I understand you would like to see the font and the layout on the darker side.  Will you confirm the product you are referencing in your request, please?

Angelam7

If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
MarylouS1
Journeyman

This screen. The PowerSchool Community. Contact Support and Case Management are where I spend a lot of time but the interface in the PowerScool Community in general, including where I am right now to respond. Other areas are much easier for me to see. Example:

https://www.powerschool.com/analytics/?utm_campaign=CORP-UC-NL-2019-01-[Customer%20and%20Prospect%20...

Does that answer your question?

Also, when I click the link from your email to me, or from the Case Management emails, it would be GREAT if it would take you to the ticket that is referenced. I have to search for the actual ticket #, not sure if it is closed or where to look. Our old case management tool took us right to the ticket.

Thank you.

PS_AM1
Veteran

Hi @MarylouS1,

Thank you for clarifying and taking the time to post your suggestions in the Community!  We will review the suggestions you have provided. We encourage you to continue to post any additional feedback or suggestions you may have within the Community. Stay tuned for more to come!  

Angelam7

gracieburns7
Trainee

A feature that I have had several teachers ask about in PowerTeacherPro is that ability to manually rearrange students on their roster list. Many of them have the "add newly enrolled students to the bottom" checked but when there are multiple new students, it will then sort them at the bottom alphabetically. This can throw the teachers off who also keep a paper copy of their gradebook since those students no longer match up in the same order and when entering the grades it can be confusing. Hopefully, that makes--in short: teachers at my school would love to be able to manually rearrange their gradebook if that were to be possible.

Thanks!

jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

Thank you for your response supporting the feature request!

I have submitted a feature request to the PowerSchool Product team on your behalf to enable a feature to allow teachers to manually rearrange their grade book in PowerTeacher Pro. We thank you for your suggestions to improve PowerTeacher Pro for all users.

MoufidH
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Great tool to get answers and share ideas from PS users. Just one suggestions: is it possible to adjust/filter the requests to Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced. It will be much clear for new folks to find their way and move forwrard. Just an idea.

Thank you

jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

Thank you for posting a feature request!

I have submitted a feature request to the PowerSchool Product team on your behalf to adjust/filter the requests to Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced in the PowerSchool Community. We thank you for your suggestions to improve the PowerSchool Community for all users.

TammyB17
Trainee

Hi 

Please allow system administrators to unarchive documents in the workflow.  Also, create a larger icon (currently a tiny gray arrow above the folder) for viewing history on a document in the workflow--many employees click on the envelope and a new document loads causing the one in the workflow to be archived.

Thanks so much

Tammy Barnes

jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

Thank you for posting a feature request!

I have submitted a feature request to the PowerSchool Product team on your behalf to allow system administrators to unarchive documents in the workflow and create a larger icon for viewing history on a document in the workflow. We thank you for your suggestions to improve the PowerSchool for all users.

CindyM8
Expert

I just listened to the Insider episode 8 and it sounds like you are considering whether or not to migrate PowerSource forum discussions to the new PowerSchool Community. I find the forums invaluable because I know that chances are another user is having the same issue I am and I can look in the forums (and often) find the solution to my problem. I do hope you decide to migrate the PowerSource forum discussions over to PowerSchool Community so we can continue to look back on those and use them as a resource for working in PowerSchool.

CM

PS_AM1
Veteran

Hi @CindyM8,

Thank you for posting in the Community!  I will be happy to submit a feature request on your behalf to bring over the forums from PowerSource.  If additional information is needed we will let you know.  We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we can improve for you and other users.  If you have other ideas or suggestions, please post them here!

Have a great day!

Angelam7

MelissaW18
Rookie

There is no good way for us as HR administrators to know which candidates have been interviewed for jobs, especially if not all of our principals are scheduling through R&H. An EASY fix to this would be to allow Security Group 6 "Building Admin" the ability to "Bluk Action-Change Application Status" so I could easily go job by job and see who they have changed to "Interview" status. Right now, the security groups are so weird that I cannot switch to a different one that allows this feature without either losing something our princiapls need or giving them an ability we definitely don't want them having.

PS_AM1
Veteran

Hi @MelissaW18,

Thank you for reaching out for assistance through the Community!  I will be happy to submit a feature request on your behalf.  If additional information is needed we will reach out to you.  We appreciate your feedback on what we can improve.

Have a great afternoon!

Angelam7