Combining 5th and 6th week grading periods

robyn_jacobs
Rookie

Combining 5th and 6th week grading periods

Our district wants to combine the 5th and 6th week marking periods into one 12 week period with the 4th six weeks' and combined 5/6 weeks' averages each counting as 50% of the 2nd semester grade. They want to use numeric grades and not P/F. Our 5th six weeks is set to end on Thursday, April 9, so I feel an urgency to get this set up if the 5th marking period for TAC needs to be extended through the end of the school year. I need assistance with which setups need to be changed in order for the mark average calculation to work correctly for both the second semester and final averages as well as the GPA setup. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply
SowmyaN
Expert

Hi @robyn_jacobs,

We apologize for the delay in response. PowerSchool provided resources regarding the calculation of average marks to work correctly for both the second semester and final averages as well as the GPA setup in the eSchoolPlus Office Hours that was held on Friday. I recommend reviewing the Office Hours recording here.

If you have any further questions, I recommend participating in office hours which occurs every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday to help with COVID related changes. It is open to all members of the Community. You can participate in Office Hours by clicking on this link.

I also recommend subscribing to the COVID-19 resources page to get notified when a new article is posted in the forum. Here is the direct link for COVID-19 Resources

Sowmya Karmel
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!