PowerSchool Community Feedback and Suggestions

MelissaW18
Trainee

Re: PowerSchool Community Feedback and Suggestions

There is no good way for us as HR administrators to know which candidates have been interviewed for jobs, especially if not all of our principals are scheduling through R&H. An EASY fix to this would be to allow Security Group 6 "Building Admin" the ability to "Bluk Action-Change Application Status" so I could easily go job by job and see who they have changed to "Interview" status. Right now, the security groups are so weird that I cannot switch to a different one that allows this feature without either losing something our princiapls need or giving them an ability we definitely don't want them having.

PS_AM1
Veteran

Hi @MelissaW18,

Thank you for reaching out for assistance through the Community!  I will be happy to submit a feature request on your behalf.  If additional information is needed we will reach out to you.  We appreciate your feedback on what we can improve.

Have a great afternoon!

Angelam7
PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
ElissaT
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

I understand from watching the Insider that you guys are still working on the Case Portal and what is there is a preliminary version, but wanted to make sure those of us that support multiple instances of PowerSchool for will still be able to use the Community effectively.

In Michigan, I work for an Intermediate School District that provides technology services for multiple districts in 3 different counties. I an the technical contact for 24 different school districts. Currently, when I submit a case through PowerSource, I must first select the school district I want to submit the ticket for. I do not see that option when submitting a case through the new case portal. 

In addition, under the Manage Cases area, we would need a filter to be able to filter by school district, like there is in PowerSource.

Just wanted to make sure the functionality for managing several school districts will not go away when moved to the Community.

Thank you for your time,

Elissa

Elissa Talsma
Student Management System Coordinator
Kent ISD
Grand Rapids, MI
jamiem7
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for posting your suggestion in the Community!

I have submitted a feature request to the PowerSchool Product team on your behalf to enable a feature that will allow Technical Contacts within multiple districts to view cases within the Manage Case portal for each district. . We thank you for your suggestions to improve the PowerSchool Community for all users.

Jamie H.
Lead Community Moderator

Explore becoming a PowerSchool Mentor today!
LeslieS1
Rookie

Hi Jbid, When reviewing our support cases, we really need to be able to see all "My Sites" cases.

This is a critical feature (from PowerSource).

When will this be added into PowerSchool Community?

Thanks,

Leslie

jbidk
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @LeslieS1

Thank you for this comment! This is on top of our list and what we are currently working to add to our case portal. As soon as we have a confirmed date, I will plan to share out an update through our Community. We'll send additional communications as well because we know this is an important update our customers would like to see.

JbidK
PowerSchool Community Manager
Community Member
Not applicable

can you delete my account

jamiem7
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We will be happy to look into options to disable your account. 

I will follow up with you through private message to gather more information.

Jamie H.
Lead Community Moderator

CindyM8
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

I would prefer a daily (or every other day) email about updates/posts. I somehow was subscribed to one of the other forums (I think the one relates to what prizes users would like) and I must have received 40 or so emails so I unsubscribed. 

Also, I prefer the layout of PowerSource. I find it difficult to navigate this new site and find what I am looking for. I think PowerSource had it's issues but overall I liked it and still use is several times a day.

CM

jamiem7
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for your suggestions and feedback regarding the PowerSchool Community!

I apologize you received multiple email notifications regarding posts.  Notification settings can be adjusted to be sent immediately, daily, or weekly.  Please follow the steps below to adjust the notification settings.

1. Choose your Avatar at the top right of any page in the Community
  2. Select My Settings
  3. Choose the Subscriptions and Notifications tab
  4. View and select the notification options int he drop-down menu for each type of subscription

You can find the steps to change notification settings with images here.

Jamie H.
Lead Community Moderator