PowerSchool Community Feedback and Suggestions

Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: PowerSchool Community Feedback and Suggestions

Thank you for providing a suggestion in the PowerSchool Community!

Would you please provide the name of the PowerSchool Product in which you would like to submit this suggestion?

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
Highlighted
Journeyman

TalentEd Records

Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for posting your suggestion in the Community!

I have submitted a feature request to the PowerSchool Product team on your behalf to enable a feature that will allow users to rearrange the order of tasks.  We thank you for your suggestions to improve Unified Talent TalentEd) for all users.

Jamie H.
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
Highlighted
Journeyman

TalentEd Records

Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for posting your suggestion in the Community! @emulder 

I have submitted a feature request to the PowerSchool Product team on your behalf to enable a feature that will allow users to rearrange the order of tasks.  We thank you for your suggestions to improve Unified Talent TalentEd) for all users

Jamie H.
Highlighted
Padawan

I'm not sure if this is the best spot for this, but I've now worked in two different schools (a middle school and a high school) who used PowerSchool for attendance, scheduling and grading that have had an issue with students leaving every single class of the day for the bathroom or to go check on something. In a lot of cases, they are using the excuse of the bathroom as avoidance behavior (either purposeful or because they are experiencing anxiety or an body image issue or some other mental health concern).

In each school, teachers have commented that we wish there was an button or some kind of flag we could click on in the attendance area that would give a digital record of the fact they left during class time (either to the nurse, bathroom, etc). This would allow their other teachers and the counslors to readily see when they look at their attendance record and would greatly help identify and address these behaviors promptly; which could possibly help some kids get help sooner if their leaving is due to unaddressed anxiety.

So far both schools have had to wait till enough teachers notice, comment on the issue, and then do an email chain, but that often takes longer to initiate and falls to the wayside as the day is busy. As teachers in schools who use PowerSchool for attendance and scheduling, we already are used to keeping it readily available on our computers, so it would be a simple tool that could have a strong impact for in class presence (since they aren't tardy or absenst per say), as well as the early identification and adressing of avoidance behaviors.

Highlighted
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

One suggestion is to document it using Log Entries. Teachers won't be able to see it, but the admin can then track the frequency of it and begin to address the issues with the individual students.

Highlighted
Padawan

Thanks for the suggestion @DanM3 . We did try that in my prior school but it put more on the admin and made it difficult for more immediate identifcation and correction of potentially problamatic patterns. Often admin wouldn't have a chance to address this for several weeks, if not months (by then it was either solved naturally or had become a major problem). Additionally, it took influencial power from the closer teacher-student dynamic, so it wasn't an effective solution for what we were wanting. It would be a similar problem with my current school. Admin is focused on major behavioral and academic issues and wants smaller ones (like leaving class in  several classes during the day) to be dealt with by the teachers.

Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for providing a feature request in the Community! @ecordz 

I have submitted your feature request to the PowerSchool Product Team on your behalf to enable a feature that will allow teachers to log when students leave a class.  

@DanM3 provided a great suggestion to create log entries.  This will help keep track of a student's actions within the student's account for all classes.

Jamie H.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Custom Reports

Hello!

I am a frequent Powerschool user and one of the things I loved about PowerSchool is being able to manipulate the custom report section to get the exact information you need. The generic reports in TalentEd and the built-in custom reports don't capture all of the necessary information on one spreadsheet. For example, there is no report that gets me an employee name, job title, building, and supervisor, but I can run 4 separate reports to get them. Doing this, when merging, you run the risk of not capturing the correct data. There has to be a better way that TalentEd can integrate the same type of custom report feature that PowerSchool has.