Schoolspring Update Feedback

leahdow
Journeyman

Schoolspring Update Feedback

I do not like the new schoolspring platform. You no longer can search a zip code for jobs within a certain amount of miles.
The cities aren’t pulling up jobs anymore. Jobs I know are there and posted.
The zip codes for the towns have to be entered and there are often multiple zip codes for one town! Springfield MA has at least 15!!!
This is a huge time suck. And for teachers, that is a disgrace
13 Replies
JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @leahdow 

This is unexpected behavior. We recommend submitting a support ticket so that the support team can look into your issue and troubleshoot further. You can contact them directly by clicking on this link

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

stephenkohnle53
Hobbyist

I suggest you use the following link to vote on changes to make to schoolspring. 

MrTim84
Padawan

I agree. SchoolSpring was clunky to begin with, but it worked. Now it's a royal PITA. I hope that employers finally start using something else. 

lisatepes
Journeyman

I totally agree. I am struggling with this new update myself.
AML88
Journeyman

I think the new update is horrible. I contacted customer support (who don't help you because you're not calling about an issue you're having, just that the old version was much better) and I filled out the survey, but I really want to fill out that survey again and continue to do so until things are brought back to the way they were.

emiliemendillo
Padawan

BRING THE OLD SCHOOL SPRING BACK~

JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi all,

We are sorry to hear that you are facing issues with using the new SchoolSpring Job Board. We have shared your feedback and concerns with our product team and our development team is currently working to make a few enhancements to the UI for providing you with a better experience.

We recommend reaching out to the SchoolSpring Job Board support team through a case and sharing these concerns so that they can share more updates on this.  We also recommend reviewing this thread that discusses some of the issues you might be facing. 

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

AML88
Journeyman

Thank you but this is NOT an issue we are having that can be problem solved, the issue we are having is the old way of looking for a job was better than the way it is now. Reviewing the thread you posted is not helpful, however I did contact customer support.
KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @AML88 

The new SchoolSpring site allows you to search for locations using City OR State OR Zip Code not a combination of those fields. The new site allows you to use a pan and zoom feature on the map. Please attempt this alternate method to search as opposed to using the filters or radius features only. This pan and zoom we are optimistic will provide you a good way to search.

Please refer to this article: How-can-I-look-for-jobs-with-the-new-SchoolSpring.

KritiS
Community Moderator

If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
gregehle
Rookie

Hi,

the pan and zoom does not work. Like with Google maps you can click on a 'search this area' button and it will. Yours does not, thanks Greg

AML88
Journeyman

Everything works fine. The old SchoolSpring was better. Thanks.
AML88
Journeyman

•  I understand how it works, it’s still sucks. Having jobs filter by date, and within a certain mileage is a lot easier than planing and zooming. Again, the new way is horrible and the old way was better.
AML88
Journeyman

Being able to search with in a certain mileage and then having the results filter by date was A LOT easier than panning and zooming. The new way is stupid. I understand how it works, it’s still stupid. Bring back the old way and stop telling people the new way is better. We have to use it, not you.