Re: Q&A: Login Issues on the new SchoolSpring

michaelaware
Padawan

Re: Q&A: Login Issues on the new SchoolSpring

I am actively looking for a job on schoolspring, which is now forcing me to use powerschool. My schoolspring password isn't working and when I fill in the "forgot password" form, it doesn't send an email. I don't want to lose everything I have on schoolspring already! Please help!

22 Replies
Chrisguy23
Journeyman

I am having the exact same issue as you. I went to the old login and it said it has no records as my username or password.

deryasari
Padawan

I am having the same issues as well. 😞 

socalpaige

Yes, same problem here.  It doesn't recognize my email address and won't let me sign in with my email/password combo.  It also will not send me an email to reset my password.  

stephenkohnle53
Hobbyist

Hello I am some random guy but doing the following worked for me. Keep in mind some stuff might not transfer correctly, mine has but I read that for some they were missing some stuff. So be sure to check your profile to make sure you have everything. Also I suggest making a backup of all submitted documents.

1. Visit the Sign-In / Register page.
  2. Click "Sign Up" to create a new account. ...
  3. Once you have successfully signed up, you will be prompted to transfer your old SchoolSpring account.
  4. To transfer your old account, simply enter your previous SchoolSpring Username and Password.

Chrisguy23
Journeyman

Hi, I tried everything you said wrote but for me it did not work. Hopefully it will for some people though.

Chrisguy23
Journeyman

I actually tried it again and all I had to do was get a temporary password for my old account. Thank you so much!

stephenkohnle53
Hobbyist

Glad I could help. Also you guys probably know this but if you need further help try this link.

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/Unified-Talent-Contact-Support/ct-p/Unified-Talent-TalentEd-Applican...

facebook56
Recruit

Thanks. I tried that, didn't work. And what is up with that stupid map!!!!!!!!!!!!

stephenkohnle53
Hobbyist

Unfortunately, you will likely have to submit a support ticket using the link above. 

mmacdonald5461
Trainee

Once I input my email address, it brings me to password page.  No help!

stephenkohnle53
Hobbyist

Try doing the following. When you signup use the same information from your old account but make sure to click sign up not sign in. I find it weird they don't just have this information on the login page. Use both your old username and then your old password when you sign up. 

3. Once you have successfully signed up, you will be prompted to transfer your old SchoolSpring account.
  4. To transfer your old account, simply enter your previous SchoolSpring Username and Password.

If this does not work, I suggest submitting a service request in the following link 

landerson54
Journeyman

Same problem.  I need access to my account as well.  Every option for sending log in or password says it is not recognizing my user name or email.  

stephenkohnle53
Hobbyist

Try doing the following. When you signup use the same information from your old account but make sure to click sign up not sign in. I find it weird they don't just have this information on the login page. 

If this does not work, I suggest submitting a service request in the following link 

landerson54
Journeyman

I am not getting anything, not even a response from powerschool.  They say if you put in a case ticket, you will receive an email that is not happening, request for temporary password not working, There has been no communication or resolution.  When I get to the transfer page it tells me there is no account matching my credentials.  

stephenkohnle53
Hobbyist

Best I can do is suggest you use the following link except instead of creating support case try launch chat support. I hope this helps

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/Unified-Talent-Contact-Support/ct-p/Unified-Talent-TalentEd-Applican...
Sharifa23
Journeyman

Wow! I cannot believe this happened to teachers. I had some interviews lined up and now I do not know what to do with them. I cannot transfer my old account and it did give any prompts to transfer the old account. What link should we use for to fill out the "support" form? I have no idea. This thread was a little help. Thanks for creating it. -Sh

stephenkohnle53
Hobbyist

Use the following link.

After clicking the link, fill out the form and click create support case. That link can be used for the form or support chat. You might need to copy and paste the link for it to work.
Sharifa23
Journeyman

Thanks a lot! I did and still have not solved the problem. We are still communicating about the problem. 

jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

@michaelaware and @Sharifa23 

This is a new SchoolSpring site and accounts need to be created.  Once you create your account, you will have the ability to link to a previous account. The reset option you are attempting to use may be on the new site. 

Please follow the below steps to log in to your account:
1. Navigate to SchoolSpring: www.schoolspring.com

2. Choose Sign Up

3. Enter your email 

4. Enter a new password 

5. Verify your email using the email sent during the registration process

6. Select Transfer data

7. Enter your old account credentials

The following article should guide you through these steps.

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/Unified-Talent-SchoolSpring/Q-amp-A-Login-Issues-on-the-new-SchoolSp...

emiliemendillo
Padawan

This is awful... I have been using SS for years and I am at a loss.