Is UC for parents and students down?

jdebiase
Rookie

Is UC for parents and students down?

Our students and parents can login to UC but get error messages stating data cannot load. Anyone else with these issues?
17 Replies
DanM3
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

I'm able to get in both as a teacher and then a sample student account I created. No problems here in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Dan Morgan
Saint Mary's College High School - Berkeley, CA
PowerSchool Hosted - v 20.4.3 - 600 Students
PowerSchool User and Admin since 2000

KevinS11
Hobbyist

Yes, same issue here.  Teachers and students can login to UC but they then get a blank page and can go nowhere.  I opened a ticket with support but have heard nothing back.

@jdebiase wrote:
Our students and parents can login to UC but get error messages stating data cannot load. Anyone else with these issues?

DanM3
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Interesting. I'm able from both the student and teacher login to send/read messages, see class pages, submit and grade assignments, etc.  I know they were doing an update Friday night and yesterday. (Unless they are still working on some of the servers.)  There's nothing new on the PowerSchool Status page. The last item about the Unified Classroom was October 22.

Dan Morgan

KevinS11
Hobbyist

It seems to have something to do with the initial login.  When this was first reported to me I was able to access everything in UC just as you are because I was working from a browser that was already logged in.  Once I logged out completely and tried to login I began to have the same issue as my users.

Also interestingly, I have some internal pages bookmarked like the Learning Domain Control center, if I enter there I can access UC and everything works.  If I attempt to go in through classroom.powerschol.com the issue occurs.

@DanM3 wrote:

Interesting. I'm able from both the student and teacher login to send/read messages, see class pages, submit and grade assignments, etc.  I know they were doing an update Friday night and yesterday. (Unless they are still working on some of the servers.)  There's nothing new on the PowerSchool Status page. The last item about the Unified Classroom was October 22.

LindseyS8
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

We are having the same issue - just a blank screen.  Not great timing right at the end of the quarter when teachers need to submit grades.

jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

Thank you for reporting access issues within Unified Classroom! 

We are currently looking into the blank page users are receiving after logging into Unified Classroom.  We will provide an update within this thread as we work quickly towards a resolution.

We apologize for the inconvenience this is causing and thank you for your patience as we work to resolve the loading issue.

Jamie H.
Lead Community Moderator

Explore becoming a PowerSchool Mentor today!
jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

Thank you for your continued patience as we work to resolve the load issue within Unified Classroom. We are receiving reports of users being able to access Unified Classroom as expected.

We encourage you to refresh your page or log out and back in to Unified Classroom to access all pages as expected.

Jamie H.
Lead Community Moderator

LindseyS8
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

Refreshing the page doesn't work and if the page is blank there is no way to sign out.  I have closed the browser, cleared all history, and re-logged in but the page is still blank.  Several other users in my district are also still experiencing this.

jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

Thank you for providing this information!

I have escalated this information to the Unified Classroom team. The team is continuing to work to resolve the issue for all users.

Users can also subscribe to receive notifications of updates for this issue on the PowerSchool status page, status.powerschool.com.

Jamie H.
Lead Community Moderator

KevinY
Padawan

We're having the same issue. Anyone get it resolved outside of opening a ticket? Has it been resolved at all?

SowmyaN
Expert

Hi @KevinY@gormanl@KevinS11

Thank you for reaching out for assistance with the PowerSchool Community!

We apologize or the inconvenience you experienced during the load issue within Unified Classroom. Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve the issue for all PowerSchool users. Users should be able to access all pages within Unified Classroom at this time.

We encourage you to subscribe to Product Support Products Status for immediate email notifications regarding outages and emerging issues.

Please feel free to reach us if you have any questions. We are happy to help you.

Sowmya Karmel
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
gormanl
Rookie

We are having the same issue. There has been no update on the status page since 10:30 last night. 

KevinY
Padawan

Our teachers are logging in to power teacher directly for now.

gormanl
Rookie

Seems to be back up & running on this end,

Status now says:

"We have identified the issue and have applied a fix. Currently we are monitoring the situation."

KevinS11
Hobbyist

Working here as well.

DanM3
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@jamiem7 is there a reason why it took the UC team so long to post something on status.powerschool.com yesterday?

Dan Morgan

jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

Hi! @DanM3 

We apologize for the delay in updating the status page with the incident that occurred this weekend affecting PowerSchool SIS and Unified Classroom.  I have shared your concern and feedback with the Support leadership team to request that updates are shared out sooner.

Jamie H.
Lead Community Moderator