Discussion Due Dates

BELG97
Hobbyist

Discussion Due Dates

I would like to see a fix on the Discussion due date.  I would like to be able to accept late work while still posting an accurate due date.  This should be doable--Canvas does it.  Canvas allows a due date and a separate closing date.  

8 Replies
Highlighted
Community Support Expert ElstonS
Community Support Expert

Re: Discussion Due Dates

Hi @BELG97

Thank you for posting on the PowerSchool Community!

I understand you're looking into managing a discussion due date to be able to accept late work while still posting an accurate due date. I will submit a feature request to the PowerSchool Unified Classroom production team on your behalf to add this feature that enables accepting late work with accurate due date. 

However, I would like to let you know that you can always re-open the discussion to accept late submissions. To Re-Open Discussion, Click on Manage Discussion to the right of the discussion you would like to look at and from the menu dropdown, select Re-Open Discussion.

Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any further queries. 

Elston S.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

BELG97
Hobbyist

Thank you very much for submitting the request for a feature to have a due date that allows late work.  I really appreaciate it.  It is a better option for me, I have 160 students and often slow internet, so I do not have time to go back in for each late student (there are a lot) and reopen the discussion--plus this has to be done in real time with the student present, and I do not allot class time to reopen/submit late assignments.  Students must do that on their own time without coordination from me.

Community Support Expert ElstonS
Community Support Expert

Hey @BELG97

Thank you for being an active member in our PowerSchool Community! 

It was my pleasure. I'm glad we were able to submit this feature request to the Product Team. 

Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any further queries. 

Elston S.
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

jhanlon
Professional

If you connect a discussion to the Gradebook this changes the due date in PTP so it is not a good solution

jhanlon
Professional

This is an excellent suggestion.  The due date can alos be saved to the gradebook.  We have students that have state education plans that allow for latework.  Going in and reopening and closing the discussions is tiresome

Community Moderator jamiem7
Community Moderator

Thank you for supporting this feature request!

With the feature request already being submitted to have the ability to place a due date on a discussion, but allow students to submit late work, I have placed an emphasis on this feature request with the Unified Classroom Product Team.

Jamie H.
nsarver
Hobbyist

I agree with you 100%.  Unified Classroom is missing many features that would help with the special education students in schools using the program.  Teachers and students are frustrated.

Community Moderator jamiem7
Community Moderator

Thank you for your support in improving Unified Classroom for all users!  I have added emphasis on this feature request with our Product Team.

Jamie H.