Can't take attendance from the seating chart page

eahn

Can't take attendance from the seating chart page

Hi everyone, 

I am currently teaching HS science, and for some reason, the seating chart attendance page stopped working. Also, I haven't found a way to organize the attendance rosters by students' first names. I am taking attendance by looking at Zoom participant page, which organizes students by their first names. So it's very time consuming for me to take attendance right now. Any suggestions? Or whom do I reach out to get this fixed? My school technicians do not handle minor adjustments for PSL.

11 Replies
CindyM8
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Some PowerTeacher users have been experiencing this using Chrome. You may want to try Firefox.

More info here:

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/PowerSchool-SIS-Knowledge-Base/Teachers-unable-to-select-attendance-...

CM

fjaravata
Hobbyist

Unfortunately, I do not have access to this page.  Any ideas on how we can fix this?

Thanks!

fjaravata
Hobbyist

Our teachers are also having trouble with attendance. 

A few of my colleagues cannot take roll on the seating chart. But it does work on the iPad, but not on Chrome on the computer. When you try to mark Absent, it won’t keep the Absent. It just disappears.

Please help!!!

RichardB16
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

This is an issue with the Chrome browser and the PS Development Team already knows about it because there is another note out here. It is clicking on the dropdown on the student image that is having this problem.

One of the workarounds is - 

Click on the Attendance Code dropdown at the top of the Seating Chart page and choose your code

Click on the student's image

It sets the code

The other is Firefox!

Richard Bernadella
PowerSchool Manager
Marysville Exempted Village Schools
Marysville, OH

jbmysinger
Journeyman

I appreciate RichardB16 posting a workaround to this issue, but this issue is STILL happening!  It is now mid August, and we should not have to use a different browser or do a work-around to correct this issue.

PowerSchool admin- Please fix this!!!

Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @jbmysinger!

Thank you for posting in PowerSchool Community.  

The issue when using the Google Chrome browser, selecting an Attendance Code from the Seating Chart may not save the selected value has been resolved with PowerSchool 21.4.0.0.

We recommend confirming if you are on the PowerSchool SIS Version 21.4.0.0 or higher.  If you are still seeing this, we recommend reaching out to the Designated Support Contact within your school district who should be able to get you connected with the PowerSchool SIS Support team to look into this further.

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
jbmysinger
Journeyman

Thank you for your reply, Reshma.  I have forwarded your response to our tech. department to hopefully resolve this issue.

Regards,

Jason

hoov45
Journeyman

Yes!

hoov45
Journeyman

I'm having the same problem using Chrome to mark attendance on the seating chart. It worked fine last school year. This needs to be fixed.

KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @hoov45 

Thank you for posting!

I see that this issue was resolved in version 21.4.1.0.  Will you confirm which PowerSchool version you are using?  You should see the version in the left corner of the login page for your PowerSchool SIS site.

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
hoov45
Journeyman

Everything is working fine now. Thank you!