Assignment won't save in PowerTeacher from PowerSchool Learning.

jeremitchell
Journeyman

Assignment won't save in PowerTeacher from PowerSchool Learning.

When creating a WikiProject for my classes, there is an option to "Also save in PowerTeacher." Great! However, when I click that option and click "Save", I get an error that says:

"Please Correct:
Total points must be between 1 and 999.
Total points can't be blank"

But the problem is that the the option to select the total points sometimes does not appear sometimes. On one of my classes, the option did appear, and I put in a value of '100' and it worked fine. I can now see that grade in PowerTeacher. But the other classes do not give me the option of entering the total points. And PowerTeacher does not allow me to copy the assignment from one class to another since it was saved from PowerSchool Learning.

Any help is appreciated.

3 Replies
jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

Thank you for posting your question in the PowerSchool Community!

Would you please provide the if the classes that are not saving the grades manually created in Unified Classroom or Learning or were the classes imported from PowerSchool SIS?

Exceptional People Offering Exceptional Solutions
Explore Becoming a PowerSchool Mentor today!
jeremitchell
Journeyman

They were imported from PowerSchool. The student rosters and all that are updating correctly for the auto-distribute feature in group projects, so I know that the classes are linked properly. I think it may just be a glitch in the UI that sometimes the "Total Points" box just doesn't pop up correctly when clicking "Also save in PowerTeacher."

I will try to reproduce the problem today when I have a chance and I'll post screenshots.

jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

Thank you for reaching out in the Community!

While the Community is a great place for questions and we encourage you to continue posting in the Community for users' best practices, I recommend reaching out to PowerSchool Learning Support to allow us to review the specific class to further assist with troubleshooting the error message you are receiving.

Exceptional People Offering Exceptional Solutions
Explore Becoming a PowerSchool Mentor today!