Question Banks

econleyshannon
Hobbyist

Question Banks

2 questions-

Looking to add assignment banks....not just assignment items.  Would also like to bypass standard requirement as it is too tedious to filter through.

6 Replies
econleyshannon
Hobbyist

Random Questions

I would also like to create an assessment that randomly selects a set number of questions from the bank.

Community Support Expert kevins
Community Support Expert

Re: Question Banks

Hi @econleyshannon!

Thanks for posting!

You should have an assessment bank available as well which houses all of the assessments you have created before. If you click Library>Assessments it will take you to the normal assessments bank.

As far as assignments go, you can copy basic assignments from different classes, even from previous school years in the Scoresheet by following the directions in the help below.

https://docs.powerschool.com/UCHT/grading/assignments-activities/copy-assignments

The Standards requirement for assessment questions can actually be turned off in the UC Admin portal by an Assessments Administrator. You would want to talk to the person at the district who manages those pieces to see if that is something they are willing to disbale.

As far as the Assessment with randomly generated items, that would be an enhancement request that you could also communicate to your administrator. They can have a Technical Contact submit it to our support team for you on your behalf and our Product team will take a look at it.

Hopefully that helps answer your questions!

Thanks!

-Kevin

iteachnology
Journeyman

You have access to your standards with the Unified Classroom Class Page? Smiley Surprised

When I make assignments within my Unified Classroom Class Page NOT the gradebook I do not have access to my standards, I need to go into my gradebook to add those standards. 

If I make an assignment in my gradebook I have access to my standards but those assignments do not appear in my Unified Classroom Class Page.

I want to have access to my standards within the Unified Classroom Class Page. Smiley Wink

Community Support Expert joshk
Community Support Expert

Good Afternoon @iteachnology!

Thank you for your post! At this time, standards are attached in Scoresheet under the Edit Assignment option in Unified Classroom. Currently, standards are no longer used in Class Pages, and this is because they do not push over to the SIS Standards if the Class Page standards are scored. We thank you for your feedback and we hope to include such features in future releases!

Best,

JoshK

PowerSchool Community Admin

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
iteachnology
Journeyman

Thanks, Josh.

Yes, that's actually what I do. I add my standards once the assignments sync over. I was just checking to see if others actually had the ability to add standards and grade all within the Unified Classroom Class Pages. At least that is what it seemed to be saying...

By 'no longer used' do you mean that at one time they, standards, were available???? I must admit this stresses me out a little - if they were available and then taken away was that because it was glitchy (which is my hope) or because they decided not to have that feature available there? BUT THEN ... there's a hint ' we hope to include "such" features in the future release' ... Yes, I'm definitely nitpicking (sorry) and I'm sure you're not in "the loop" and if you were I'm sure there's NDA.... I'm a devoted Moodler and throwing myself completely into the Unified Classroom Class Pages as added a little spice (aka stress) to my life. :)

Community Support Expert joshk
Community Support Expert

Good Afternoon @iteachnology!

I apologize, I think my earlier response was incorrectly worded I would like to clarify a little better. With regard to standards-based grading, one option would be to create a UC Basic assignment with just standards. In doing so, it currently does not enable users to put the assignment on a page, but it can be assigned with just standards. We are happy to hear your feedback and suggestions on how to effectively leverage standards-based grading moving forward. Thank you for helping to drive PowerSchool user success!

Best,

JoshK

PowerSchool Community Admin

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!