IEP Creation for Upcoming School Year

BettyeJJ5
Journeyman

IEP Creation for Upcoming School Year

It is time for my teachers to begin drafting IEPs for the upcoming 2022-2023 schoolyear. I need to know how to create this new document in special programs for them to be able to access and begin drafting. Also, I have a new form that needs to be added to our platform; how do I get this completed? Thanks for your detailed assistance. 

1 Solution
Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @BettyeJJ5,

An admin should be able to navigate to configuration > Select settings Tab - school year settings and edit Allowable Years for New Documents and Set the latest year to 2022-23.  Once this is done, please try creating a new IEP document by selecting a student using ID or First or Last Name > Documents and create document from drop down.

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @BettyeJJ5,

An admin should be able to navigate to configuration > Select settings Tab - school year settings and edit Allowable Years for New Documents and Set the latest year to 2022-23.  Once this is done, please try creating a new IEP document by selecting a student using ID or First or Last Name > Documents and create document from drop down.

Reshma

If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
BettyeJJ5
Journeyman

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!! I am an administrator in our PowerSchool/Special Programs and have been trying to figure this out since returning to school in January. Thank you again so much!❤️

Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @BettyeJJ5,

I am glad to be of your assistance!

My apologies for not addressing the second part of your query.  Would you please confirm if the new form that needs to be added is a customized one or a State Model form?

Reshma

BettyeJJ5
Journeyman

It is a customized district form for our students who are of the age for transition plans. Regs state that we have to have proof of the student being invited/attending the IEP meeting for transition. 

Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @BettyeJJ5,

Thank you for confirming that.  The process is to update the session year for all forms to be added to your platform.

Reshma