Help

App no longer on App Store or Google Play

schoolapp
Journeyman

App no longer on App Store or Google Play

The Sesser-Valier school app is no longer on the App Store or Google Play.  

Google Play's reason was the following: I have no idea how to fix the problem.  I believe it is the same for the App Store.  

Hi Developers at Sesser-Valier School District #196,

After a recent review, we found that your app Sesser-Valier SD 196 (com.relianceco.cma.SVSD196) is not compliant with one or more of our Developer Program Policies. See below for more information about your app's status and how to correct the issue.

schoolapp_0-1714070891779.png

App Status: Rejected

Your app has been rejected and wasn't published due to the policy issue(s) listed below. If you submitted an update, the previous version of your app is still available on Google Play.

schoolapp_1-1714070891777.png

Issue found: Violation of User Data policy

We reviewed SDKs used by your app and found noncompliant version(s) of SDK(s) which collects persistent device identifiers. Persistent device identifiers may not be linked to other personal and sensitive user data or resettable device identifiers.

Issue details

We found an issue in the following area(s):

• Version code 908200200:
    • SDK: Fabric io.fabric.sdk.android:fabric (consider upgrading to version com.google.firebase:firebase-crashlytics:18.4.0)

To bring your app into compliance, follow these steps:

You may consider upgrading to a policy-compliant version of this SDK, if available from your SDK provider or removing the SDK.
  • Fabric io.fabric.sdk.android:fabric: Consider upgrading to version com.google.firebase:firebase-crashlytics:18.4.0 of the SDK.

About the User Data policy

Limit the access, collection, use, and sharing of personal and sensitive user data acquired through the app to app and service functionality and policy conforming purposes reasonably expected by the user.

Persistent device identifiers may not be linked to other personal and sensitive user data or resettable device identifiers except for the purposes of:

• Telephony linked to a SIM identity (for example, wifi calling linked to a carrier account), and
  • Enterprise device management apps using device owner mode.

These uses must be prominently disclosed to users as specified in the User Data policy. Please consult this resource for alternative unique identifiers.

5 Replies
CindyOp
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @schoolapp 

Thank you for reaching out to the PowerSchool Community.

Apologies for the delay in responding. Are you still having this issue?

It sounds like you are using a developer account with your app.

Is this app one that you created or is it a PowerSchool app?

Have you tried the steps that are shared in the message regarding bringing your app into compliance?

If you are continuing to have this issue, please reach out to PowerSchool support to submit a case.

Did your issue get resolved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on helpful posts to thank the author and help others find the solution.

Cindy
PowerSchool Community Support
schoolapp
Journeyman

No, it has not been resolved.  SchoolMessenger created the app for us and I have no idea how to update it so it is compliant with Google Play and the App Store.  We pay for a yearly subscription for this kind of thing to be taken care of.

deverett
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@schoolapp I am having the same issue. My district's app was created by SchoolMessenger, we have never used a Google developer account. SchoolMessenger has always maintained the app and sent us the bill annually for their services and for maintaining updates to the app. The district would also get an annual invoice from Google and iTunes. Now for the past 6 months or so, the app is no longer on the Google Play Store, and SM tells me that it is because our Developer account is inactive (an account the district has never used and was never aware of!).

CindyOp
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @schoolapp  @deverett 

There has been an ongoing issue where Google released new requirements for apps, which resulted in our developers having to build/submit/get approval on a new version of each app, which has been very time consuming to get through. They are continuing to work on them, but not all have been completed yet.

If your district has not been worked on yet and you need to be prioritized and updated, please submit a case through the PowerSchool case portal here.

If you are a designated technical contact for SchoolMessenger CMA please submit a case here.

Did your issue get resolved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on helpful posts to thank the author and help others find the solution.

Cindy
PowerSchool Community Support
deverett
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Hi @CindyOp. A screenshot of my tickets is attached.