Why did you break the Android app??

high_schooler_parent

Why did you break the Android app??

This worked just fine right before the last update from Play Store. Now it wants a District code but our district says they don't have one, never did, and never will. The iPhone app still works just fine. I wrote an email to your support with no answer and don't see any answer to other parents that have this problem; my school office says you are stonewalling them. You have cut off at the knees hundreds of parents that need this to keep track of their child's progress without caring about this at all. Great job!  Your app is useless now.

7 Replies
AdamLarsen
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

The app always required a code. It should be 4 letters and is found on the parent portal when you log into the website.

——————————
Adam Larsen
Assistant Superintendent, CUSD 220 - Oregon, IL
Principal Developer, Aurora Educational Technology

1450 students, PK-21
Single server, PS 19.11.2.1
high_schooler_parent

No. Look at the shot of the navigation panel. It never had a code. This worked without a code up to now. Your update broke it. My school office said they never had a district code.

PowerSchoolCapture.JPG

CindyM8
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

That menu in the parent portal has been customized and likely needs to be updated to show the 4 character district mobile code.

CM

AdamLarsen
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@CindyM8 wrote:

That menu in the parent portal has been customized and likely needs to be updated to show the 4 character district mobile code.

Correct.  You can see that there are non-stock buttons on the left navigation.  It's likely that they customized they nav bar years ago, maybe even before the mobile app (and the codes) were a thing.  They either need to restore that part of the navigation bar or look up the 4-letter code on the admin side and send it out to parents.

——————————
Adam Larsen
Assistant Superintendent, CUSD 220 - Oregon, IL
Principal Developer, Aurora Educational Technology

1450 students, PK-21
Single server, PS 19.11.2.1
CindyM8
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

The district can log in to PS and find the mobile code by following these steps: District Office level > From the Start Page > District link > Mobile Registration. The mobile code has been around for several years but maybe your district just isn't aware of it. If the app isn't working for you, you can still log in to the portal through the web. I have the new PS Parent/Student Android app and it's been working for me. My phone is on Android 9.

CM

high_schooler_parent

How nice for you that your app works for you. It doesn't for me. Sorry but all this handwaving and continuing of the stonewalling completely ignores the issue that this app did, in fact, __WORK FOR ME__ for years before needing a district code and was working with the same school and login all the way up to the update which then broke it. Whether or not there was a need for a district code, forcing a completel re-login and re-processing of everything on an already working app looks like PowerSchool wants to squeeze more money out of school districts when enough parents complain about this. As I said in other posts here, absolutely disgusting.
MrRogerS
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Those of us replying are not PowerSchool, we are other PowerSchool users trying to help. There is actually a way to find out the district code if your district is unable to help, and it sounds like they are not aware of how to surface the district code. What's the name of the district your child attends? We can find out the code for you.

In my job as in school IT, I help parents any time I can, so we're eager to try to get this working for you.