Power School App won't open

sdeer76

Power School App won't open

I have been using the Power School App successfully for years on my Apple phone to monitor my kids' grades.  Starting a couple of days ago, if I go into the app it will not open.  It starts to open, but only gets to a blank screen similar to the general color scheme for Power School that says loading.  It does not take me to a sign on or show my kids information but instead closes on its own within a second time.  I tried multiple times over the last couple of days in case there was some kind of issue with power school.  

After checking with a few parents and learning that they are not having issues, I uninstalled the app then installed it again and am having the same issue.  

I tried and I can sign on to powerschool through the computer.  Only the app isn't working for some reason.  

Any ideas of how to resolve?  

1 Reply
MuskanS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi! @sdeer76 

We recommend double-tapping the home button and closing the application from there, uninstall the app, turn off your phone for at least 30 seconds, and then reinstall the app.  Then try forcing the mobile application to re-pull the district information.

After logging out of the mobile app, you should be able to see four boxes on the login screen for the district code. Tap on the link right below the District Code that says “Where is my district code?” on the login screen. On the page that comes up tap “Enter Server Address” and enter the URL in the box on the next page and hit submit. 

Note: The URL is your parent portal link.

If you continue to experience difficulty, you will want to report this issue to your child's school and the IT department should be able to assist or should be able to submit a support ticket on your behalf.

Muskan Sehar

PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator