Transcript issues, total credits toward high school and potential credits

RebeccaS3
Rookie

Transcript issues, total credits toward high school and potential credits

4 Replies
RebeccaS3
Rookie

What should total credits toward high school vs. potential credits look like when students have chosen PC19 for last year.  Is it supposed to be different or the same number of credits.  Is there documentation out there to show what a transcript should look like when PC19 is chosen for a course grade last year.

Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @RebeccaS3,

Thank you for the question!

PC19 grades are set to be 'excluded from GPA' and therefore potential credits are not included.  This is similar to the case when a student takes a high school course for credit in middle school.  

I have shared links to a few resources which gives a better understanding of GPAs and Potential Credit for your reference:

If you require further assistance or information, we recommend reaching out to the PowerSchool SIS Support team to have a real-time chat.

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
usyyu1
Recruit

Hi Reshma -

I have the same questions as the original post. It appears that GPA for my child is not calculated correctly for courses she selected as "PC19" after she transferred to her new high school. Can you please connect us to the right person to have the issue resolved. 

Thanks in advance!

ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @usyyu1,

I recommend reaching out to your school district department or your teacher who should be able to assist you further with this.

ParitoshT

Community Moderator