Set-up for Students staying in the same classroom and teachers rotate

HughH
Practitioner

Set-up for Students staying in the same classroom and teachers rotate

How do I set-up PowerScheduler to have students stay in the same classroom and have teachers rotate through different classrooms?

5 Replies
Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @HughH,

If each teacher needs to grant a final grade then they will have a section and students enrolled in the sections.  Since all sections have the same room number, all students would have different courses but stay in the same room, just the teachers would be different. The set up is the same in Powerscheduler; However, you can Mass create Rooms at PowerScheduler by navigating as PowerScheduler> Functions > Auto Generate Rooms.  You should also be able to Manually create Rooms at PowerScheduler by navigating as PowerScheduler > Rooms > New.

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
HughH
Practitioner

I have all my rooms created from the previous year's schedule.

I only have the rooms active that will be used for the coming year.

How do I get PowerScheduler to fill just these rooms?

Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @HughH,

Thank you for getting back to me with further questions!

To get PowerScheduler to fill these rooms, either need to be done by individual section or through Auto-Create Rooms by navigating as Start Page > PowerScheduler > Scheduling Functions > Auto-Create Rooms, where you should be able to determine the increment number and/or associate to departments.  Auto-Create Rooms create rooms from a pre-defined set of criteria.  Though you can still build rooms individually, you may also create them all at once.  For example, enter for each department the room start number, increment number, number of rooms, department, facilities, and room maximum.  The system generates a list of rooms.

I hope this helps.

Reshma

If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
HughH
Practitioner

For example, I have Fifth Grade in three rooms, 301, 302, 303.

I need to schedule English, Reading, Social Studies, Math, and Science.

English.1 will be in 301, English.2 will be in 302, English.3 will be in 303 and so on for the other courses.

What is the best what to do this? I just need help thinking through this.

Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @HughH,

I apologize for the delay in response.

To assist you further with the query you are having, we would like to get in a realtime conversation.  We recommend reaching out to the PowerSchool SIS Support team to get a walkthrough on updating the room numbers.  They should be able to answer your follow up queries regarding the set-up for students staying in the same classroom and teachers rotate.

Reshma