Modified Grade Scale (S and N Grades)

TLK
Hobbyist

Modified Grade Scale (S and N Grades)

We added S and N Grades to our Grading Scale to close out the 19/20 school year.   Since this was a special scenario during COVID-19 to give final grades to students, when can I remove them as they are not the usual final grades that students would receive?  

1 Solution
JeromeO
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

After grades are stored.  The grade will be written to the storedgrades table as is, so any further changes to the grade scale won't affect that stored data.

-----------
Troy School District, Troy, MI, USA
District Size: 12,000+
Server Config: On-prem/Self-hosted 3 app+1 db+2 test

Need to ask me a question or get my attention? Tag me with @JeromeO in your post and I'll be notified!

I am not a PowerSchool employee

Mentors_badgeChampions_badge2023 Mentor of the Year.png2022 Nominated Mentor of the Year.png2021 Content Creator of the Year.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JeromeO
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

After grades are stored.  The grade will be written to the storedgrades table as is, so any further changes to the grade scale won't affect that stored data.

-----------
Troy School District, Troy, MI, USA
District Size: 12,000+
Server Config: On-prem/Self-hosted 3 app+1 db+2 test

Need to ask me a question or get my attention? Tag me with @JeromeO in your post and I'll be notified!

I am not a PowerSchool employee

Mentors_badgeChampions_badge2023 Mentor of the Year.png2022 Nominated Mentor of the Year.png2021 Content Creator of the Year.png
CindyM8
Expert

How does removing a grade from a grade scale impact that grade in the gradebook (PT Pro)?

CM