Holding a student back a year

JennyF2020
Journeyman

Holding a student back a year

Hello,

I'm just looking for help on how to keep a student in the same grade for another year. I rolled the whole school forward a year, but need one student to stay in 4th grade again.

Thanks!!!!!!

4 Replies
VanessaL
Hobbyist

@JennyF2020 if your state is still able to report FY20 data, I would go ahead and change the student's FY20 exit code to 'R-Retained' & change FY21 grade level back to 4th grade. All changes to be made under the students Transfer Info page. Once corrections have been made, republish your data for the student.
JennyF2020
Journeyman

Thank you!!

Now I am having another problem! This is only my second year doing this....I made the new 20-21 calendar and rolled all the students forward a year. Now, I am trying to enroll the new students that will coming this fall. I tried to "enroll new student". I entered all the info and when I go back to the start page and see if she is in the Kindergarten group, it says there are no students enrolled. I am afraid that I didn't do an EOY process from 19-20.

I hope that all makes sense!

VanessaL
Hobbyist

@JennyF2020 were you able to get the 2 issues resolved?
BishalG
Ninja

Hi, @JennyF2020,

There are multiple reasons that can cause difficulty in finding a newly enrolled student information.  In order to assist you further, we will have to take a closer look at your district's PowerSchool SIS setup.  We recommend reaching out to your district's Designated Support Contact who should be able to work with the PowerSchool SIS support team to find a solution.

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Say Thanks by clicking the thumbs up icon in a post!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!