Final Grades

ahuffaker
Hobbyist

Final Grades

Because of the school closure, we are looking at possibly changing our final grade reporting at the middle schools from traditional letter grades to just credit/no credit.  

For the life of me, I cannot find a way to do this.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

1 Solution
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@ahuffaker 

When you put the Code in the grade scale, it will be available for every section that has that grade scale. So if, for instance, all the sections in your high school use the "Default" grade scale, once the code is in the "Default" grade scale, it will be available in all sections.

You add the code to the grade scale at Setup>District>Grade Scales.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
AbrittyB
Senior

Hello @ahuffaker,

An admin could navigate through the following steps to create special codes. 

District >Grade scale >Special code grade scale> Add the new grades (For example C for credits and NC for No Credit) to the existing Special Codes. 

Once that is done, the codes(C/NC) could be assigned to the students, through the following process.

1. Login to the PowerTeacher Pro as a teacher
2. Select the class that the student is in
3. Select the correct term in the top right-hand corner
4. Select grading
5. And then the score sheet.

AbrittyB
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Please give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If the answer helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

ahuffaker
Hobbyist

I am trying to do this for all students in the middle school, though.  Not individual students.  I would like to make credit/no credit available as a manual override selection for teachers as they create final grades.  Is this possible?

ahuffaker
Hobbyist

Also (sorry, hit post too soon) what does it mean when it says "Enter Starting Grade Scale Items"?  Is this the percentage?  

Secondly, so I enter a grade of credit and then a separate grade of no credit?

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Hi @ahuffaker ,

@AbrittyBprovided instructions how to add a code to the Special Codes grade scale, which teachers could then use in their graebooks via the Codes button in the Score Inspector.

We are using PowerTeacher 2.8, not PowerTeacher Pro.  So, nothing is looking the same as what is being described here.

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@ahuffaker 

First, an Admin user would have to add the codes you are describing to the grade scale associated to the section. These codes are then used by the teachers by using the Manual Override checkbox and dropdown menu in the Score Inspector.

On a personal note--move to PT Pro ASAP. It is superior in basically every way.

We are switching to AERIES in July.  Thank you for pointing out that I have to set it in the section.  Is there a way to do this for all sections and teachers at once, or do I have to do it per teacher and per section individually?

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@ahuffaker 

When you put the Code in the grade scale, it will be available for every section that has that grade scale. So if, for instance, all the sections in your high school use the "Default" grade scale, once the code is in the "Default" grade scale, it will be available in all sections.

You add the code to the grade scale at Setup>District>Grade Scales.

as an admin, can we change students final grades instead of log in as a teacher?

NinaRi
Veteran

Hi @Nititohir,

Thank you for posting in the PowerSchool Community!   Currently,  Admins only have the "View Only Permissions" for the Gradebook. Only teachers of record for the specific courses are able to change student's final grades. 

We hope this helps.  Please let us know if you have any further questions. We will be happy to assist you!

Nina R.
Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.