V2.0 on Android 10

teott1
Padawan

V2.0 on Android 10

After my OS updated (Pixel 2  so I do not have much choice), the application upgraded to V2.0, and will not accept the District code for the school.  I have:

1. Deleted and reinstalled Powerschool from the play store

2. Clear app cache and clear app storage

3.  Restarted

4.  Called the district.  They inform me that they have an open issue with Powerschool for only the Android users that have upgraded. 

Any suggestions?powerschool.png

6 Replies
candelaria1
Hobbyist

Re: V2.0 on Android 10

We are having the same issue ... 

so next step is to make a call to Powerschool thank you

Community Support Expert BishalG
Community Support Expert

Hi @teott1, Thank you for posting your concern on PowerSchool Community!

This is a known issue and we recommend that your district reaches out to PowerSchool Mobile Support to resolve the "unable to connect" issue.

Since you mentioned that your district already has a case open with PowerSchool Mobile Support team, our support team will work alongside your district to get the issue resolved as soon as possible. We encourage your district representative to update the thread with a resolution for the benefit of all other Community members.

Hope this helps

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

Sure, so you cut off at the knees hundreds of parents and then you stonewall. Thanks for breaking this app. Great job. Our district has never had a district code and may never have one. They need to DUMP your software and find a vendor that doesn't treat people the way you are doing. I guess they didn't pay you enough? According to my school's office the iPhone app still works just fine.

Community Support Expert

I'm sorry you are facing difficulties utilising the Parent Mobile app. @high_schooler_parent 

There is a thread that has been resolved that discusses similar issues within the Mobile app for parents.  I recommend reviewing the thread for the best next steps in resolving any issues you are experiencing. I have provided the link below for your convenience. 

New Android App V 2.0 for the Parent/Student Portal

Bishal G.
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

No, this doesn't resolve my issue. All you do there is throw it back on the district when in fact the update from you is what broke the app. Sorry but all this handwaving and continuing of the stonewalling completely ignores the issue that this app did, in fact, __WORK FOR ME__ for years before needing a district code and was working with the same school and login all the way up to the update which then broke it. Whether or not there was a need for a district code, forcing a completel re-login and re-processing of everything on an already working app looks like PowerSchool wants to squeeze more money out of school districts when enough parents complain about this. As I said in other posts here, absolutely disgusting.

Community Support Expert

I'm sorry that you continue to face difficulties while utilising the Parent Mobile app @high_schooler_parent

We recently updated our security parameters to better serve our users as our user's security is of paramount importance to us and we take it very seriously. Similarly, we have also made some security certifications on the district side mandatory so as to make sure that your data is transported through properly protected channels.

We have helped multiple districts consolidate our changes on their part through PowerSchool Mobile Support team. Due to this, I suggest that you reach out to your district and ask them to reach out to our support team who would be happy to help them out fix this concern for all users in your district.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Bishal G.