Special Codes Do Not Display on Mobile App

Highlighted
Trainee

Special Codes Do Not Display on Mobile App

We have recently asked teachers to record assignment grades using special codes (S/U/INC) as part of our alternate grading plan under COVID-19. We find that the special codes are not visible in the mobile app. This was described in a previous post from 2016, but I do not yet find a solution. Is there one?

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/PowerSchool-SIS-Administrator/Parent-Student-Mobile-is-Not-Displayin...

7 Replies
Highlighted
Senior

Re: Special Codes Do Not Display on Mobile App

Hi @J0000770

The functionality to display special codes does not exist currently on the mobile app. I have submitted a feature request with the PowerSchool mobile product support team on your behalf who will review the capability to display special codes within the mobile app.

Elston S.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

Highlighted
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Hello, I see special codes (on assignments) in the app but we are having an issue where special codes do not display in the app if they are set to be exempt.

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hello @CindyM8,

While currently, the option to display special codes does not exist on the mobile app, to get a better understanding of the issue would you please share a screenshot of the page or confirm if you are able to see other codes such as excluded and collected?

AbrittyB
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Please give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If the answer helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

Highlighted
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Good Morning,

Attached is a screen shot from our sand box server (no real student data). This screen shot is from the mobile app on an Android phone showing the assignment detail screen. In our special codes grade scale we have MIS and PASS which I have entered as assignment scores. I also did a manual grade override and gave the student an overall term grade of ABS, which is also in the special codes scale. Just so we are on the same page, I am not referring to the assignment flags for collected, late etc... I am referring to the special codes grade scale we have set up.

Thank you!

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @CindyM8,

The functionality to display special codes set to exempt is currently not built into the PowerSchool SIS Mobile App. 

I found an existing enhancement request to display exempt special codes on the Mobile App, I have added my vote on it to encourage the enhancement and I am providing the link to the enhancement request if you would like to add your vote.  Please find the direct link here.

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Highlighted
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Thank you, but special codes do show in the app - correct?

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @CindyM8,

Yes, you are right!  Special codes do show in the app. The special codes MIS, PASS, and ABS can be shown as given in the screenshot.  We would need to see your assignment settings to assist you with the issue you are having with special codes when they are set to be exempt.  I recommend reaching out to the PowerSchool Mobile support for further assistance to get this resolved.

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!